• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

deposit for new nsx

how do deposits work? if i am the first to leave a deposit at a dealership does that mean i get dibs on their first delivery? is the dealer required to honor the msrp? is their an official waiting list through honda?

I just had my dealer put my name on the waiting list. Will follow-up w/ a deposit tomorrow.

I think that the size of the deposit might have something to do w/ position in the queue.

Nick,
I have put down deposits at different dealerships and each one is different. There isn't any special list with Honda, each dealership keeps their own list.

Some things to take into account when putting down a deposit:
* Is the deposit refundable
* What number are you on the list
* How many cars do they have allocated
* What is the purchase price on delivery
* Do you get to select the options

Each of these items will vary based on the dealership and I have found that some dealerships will take a smaller deposit if they know you are a serious buyer.

I have also found that even if you are down the list a lot of peolple don't follow through and you can get a car much sooner than expected if you have the financing or money all lined up.

Good Luck!

are these deposits for 2005 model nsx?

thanks john for the advice.

i called 3 dealerships - farmington hills, troy, and rochester(NY) - and none of them want my money. they said it was way too early for them to take a deposit. i'm going to try ann arbor.

The dealer I called said that they will put

my name down as the first on the list but that they will notify my when they know more about the pricing and the deposit amount if that is need.

This is a really great dealership. They have been amazingly good with servicing my car. When I took it in for a coolant change a few weeks ago, they gave me a free loaner (RSX) even though my NSX is a 94 and way over the warranty period. Later I order that gas filler door spring "thingy" and they called me when it was in and then offered to put it in. I told them I could do it myself and I would just pay for it instead. The young lady told me with a smile that she had taken care of it for me but to remember them for my future service needs. You bet, I told her. :)

I now, when I am probably going to go for a 2005 NSX in the next year or so, I will purchase it from the same dealership with the great service department. Good service and customer care pays off and this dealership knows it....Charlie Thomas Acura in Houston, TX.

If this is a limited production car, then not every dealer will be allocated an nsx. I don't think dealers have allocation figures for 05 yet. But if it is dealer known to sale nsx then it will most likely get an allocation.

Nick
I talked to the dealer today, they said they will take your name and start a list. But wont take your money until they fill out there alotment sheet in Febuary. Then they can tell you if it is going to be released as the Hsc or Nsx and how much it will cost.
You then have to put down 5000 dollars that is refundable if you dont buy it. You can get your money back when they sell the car to someone else. Unless it is some crazy colour combo that they cant move fast. Then your stuck.

So step up, we need a new ride for the Gumball 3000. :D

from an acura certified sale consultant

I work at Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs. To answer your questions-- Not every Acura dealer gets a new NSX. Those that have a good track record selling them get allocated a car or maybe two if they have a strong clientele. We have been allocated two 2004 NSXs. One is Long Beach Blue metallic w/camel interior and the other is Silverstone metallic with Quartz interior. For 2004 the 6 disc changer and keyless entry are now standard (finally) There is no "waiting list" because if you are not #1 then you won't get one this year. LOL We usually require a $5,000 deposit and again, there is no waiting list -- It's just your car. Ours are scheduled to be hand built in the next 90-120 days.

Re: from an acura certified sale consultant

SpringsAcura said:
I work at Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs. To answer your questions-- Not every Acura dealer gets a new NSX. Those that have a good track record selling them get allocated a car or maybe two if they have a strong clientele. We have been allocated two 2004 NSXs. One is Long Beach Blue metallic w/camel interior and the other is Silverstone metallic with Quartz interior. For 2004 the 6 disc changer and keyless entry are now standard (finally) There is no "waiting list" because if you are not #1 then you won't get one this year. LOL We usually require a $5,000 deposit and again, there is no waiting list -- It's just your car. Ours are scheduled to be hand built in the next 90-120 days.

I think they're talking about the '05 (if its the new model). Since you are working at Acura, you have any insight on the '05?

prova4re said:
Nick
I talked to the dealer today, they said they will take your name and start a list. But wont take your money until they fill out there alotment sheet in Febuary. Then they can tell you if it is going to be released as the Hsc or Nsx and how much it will cost.
You then have to put down 5000 dollars that is refundable if you dont buy it. You can get your money back when they sell the car to someone else. Unless it is some crazy colour combo that they cant move fast. Then your stuck.

So step up, we need a new ride for the Gumball 3000. :D

i am first on niello acura's list. i decided to deal with the big fish. suburban acura has only sold 1 new nsx EVER!

2005 NSX

Unfortunately Acura is very close to the vest on info regarding upcoming models. Even we have to rely on gossip, car shows and magazines until about 8 months before introduction. Skinny right now is 2005 or 06 for NSX early fall for new RL (hybrid 400 HP home run!) and a small SUV called RDX in 2005. That's the best I can do!

i assume the most we can do now is put ourselves on a piece of paper called the waiting list, right?

has anyone actually put any deposit down? that'll be quite surprising, IMO.....

Back