• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Details of NSX 2016 interior

Found a ultra-high resolution pic of NSX interior, and chopped some details from it. The functions of digital instrument can be seen clearly, with an indicator on the left showing if the battery is charging or assisting driving currently, and another on the right telling the battery level (and also an indicator of the temperature of SH-AWD system?). Also it shows the function of every button on center console and steering wheel.
NSX_Interior_2.jpg
NSX_Interior_2_1.jpg
NSX_Interior_2_2.jpg

I like the Climate control panel. It's very reminiscent and simple like our first NSX.

I also like the oil temp gauge. It's nice to know when everything is warmed up properly and ready to go.

I truly hope TK was seriously hinting about redline being higher than 7.5K tho... 8K would be nice.

where's the cup holder? lol
I'm surprise there's no cell phone mount of some sort to link up to the car info entertainment center

Last edited:
where's the cup holder? lol

There's actually a mounting point for a cup holder on the passenger's side of the center console/tunnel. The guy who designed the interior described this in a video interview at the Detroit show.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice the choice to use two real analog gauges in an instrument cluster that is otherwise an entirely digital screen. I don't think this was done for aesthetics. I believe it was likely done for reliability. If the main screen goes dead the two most important readings to have are temperature and fuel level. Everything else you can get by without.

I didn't see it in real but from what I have seen in pictures, like the front end, the NSX 2 interior is overdone, lacking of harmony, and while it shows some similarities with 458 Italia cockpit, it is not as well executed. Unbelievable from a company like Honda ...

OTOH, I have always considered the original NSX interior to be one of the nicest ever ... Very difficult act to follow but Lamborghini did a fantastic job with the Diablo succeeding the iconic Countach ... ( one dashpod near ! Fixed in 1994 IIRC. )
Third high resolution picture of NSX 2 interior shows cheap plastic on the even cheaper à la GM Cavalier greyish side ...

Steering wheel is too bulky and truly uninspired from a company who, like Ferrari, has a very respectable pedigree in Formula 1 and several other racing divisions ...

With today's technology I would have spent some time and efforts to find a way to reduce the central area of steering wheel containing the airbag ....

Nothing will beat the beauty and the racy look of those steering wheels without airbags ... I like today's efficiency and performance but I really miss the mid 20th century simplicity and beauty ...

Back