• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Devil's Highway Drive July 22-24, 2006

Which Weekend for the Devil's Highway Drive? You can choose more than one.

• July 8-10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • July 15-17

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • July 22-24

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • July 29-31

• August 5-7

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • August 12-14

• Total voters
Hey Guys,

I want to plan a Devil's Highway Drive. This is a three day drive, so please vote which weekend works best for you. The best days for the least traffic will be Saturday - Monday.

This should be a TON of fun!

Re: Devil's Highway Drive

Great Idea Heather!

I'm in for any week-end but July 8-10. Driven all that highway twice; once when it was the dreaded "666" and once when changed to the "191". guess what...it drives the same, lots of low speed curves, and deer, elk, coyotes, fox, and an assortment of other four legged creatures. Good view of Safford, Clifton, Morenci, San Fransisco River, the states largest open-pit copper mine, Hannigan Meadow, the Blue Mountains, Alpine and the rest of the White Mountains! One of the most scenic drives in the southwest!!! Who's in and how can I help?!

Look forward to it!

Dean

I'm interested. One concern - it looks like these weekends will be right in the middle of monsoon season and I don't want to get stuck in a hail storm. I don't even have windshield wipers! (Ignore that part Dean) Thoughts?

Good point 12AMNSX. I didn't even think about that. :redface: Perhaps we should change this drive for mid September.

Frank - Give me a call and I let you in on the details of the drive.

I did this twice and it was a three - four day for us as well. Stayed at a log cabin/lodge. I will never forget it. It was the best time spent in an S2000. My first time was with the same group of friends (9 cars) and the second time was with the wife, she got car sick and demanded to go home so it was cut short for me the second time around. It's not actually called the Devil's Highway anymore though right?

Tan

WOW!!! 2-3 day trip.... This sounds better than the Cal Coastal drive... Plenty of twisties too....

I don't think weather should be a factor. The last seven years the first rain was after the Fourth of July week-end and two of those years it was in August. Hail rarely happens and is somewhat predictable. So, I'm ready anytime! BUT, imagine that drive in October with the leaves changing!!! Usually the second or third week-end are best. However, I'm ready when the consensus is ready.

Dean

tell ya what Frank, since we should have a support car, and i dont have an nsx that works right now....ill drive your car, you drive a new car to be named later or the 4-runner, sound like a plan ?

you could then take LOTS of pics of your own car !!!!

01blacks4 said:
tell ya what Frank, since we should have a support car, and i dont have an nsx that works right now....ill drive your car, you drive a new car to be named later or the 4-runner, sound like a plan ?

you could then take LOTS of pics of your own car !!!!
Sure Marc. However, you'd have to chip in to help me buy the McLaren F1. ;)

Any decision, I'd like to block out a week-end now so I don't miss out. Heather you pick it and we'll run with it. ANYONE else have any suggestions?

Dean

AZNSX98 said:
Any decision, I'd like to block out a week-end now so I don't miss out. Heather you pick it and we'll run with it. ANYONE else have any suggestions?

Dean

Hey Dean - I'm checking on the availability for the little place we would be staying at. I left a message, but I will give them a call again tomorrow. Once I find that out, we can choose a weekend.

Heather

The top two choices are July 22-24 and July 29-31. Since the latter is my anniversary, I say

July 22-24! :biggrin:

Please add your name to the list (and how many) if you are planning on attending.

1) TucAZNSX - 2 People
2)
3)
4)
5)

Please add your name to the list (and how many) if you are planning on attending.

1) TucAZNSX - 2 People
2) AZNSX98 - 1 person
3)
4)
5)

1) TucAZNSX/Understudy - 2 People
2) AZNSX98 - 1 person
3)
4)
5)

Don't forget about me! :tongue:

Hiya, Heather/Stephen and various distinguished NSXers... Wife's in New Orleans right now, but I'll check with her schedule when she gets back next week... Sounds awesome. :)

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME "un-fortunately" WE'LL BE IN HAWAII.
Lookin foward to flying around the islands etc 24th-4th.Either time will be an issue.
Although I would like to test MY355 on N.O.S system!!

PSSS....Hello to all!!

MY355 (MYNSX) :wink:

Bill and April....I thought I heard Heather say that you are actually going to Hawaii this month and might be available for the drive in July. Hopefully that is the case!

Alright, where is everyone else? Chris, Brian, Rob, Marc, etc. Let's make this a great drive with some good participation like we've had in the past.:biggrin:

1) TucAZNSX - 2 People
2) AZNSX98 - 1 person
3) NsXMas - 3 peeps
4) 12AMNSX - 1, possibly 2
5)

Are we now firm on the 22nd - 24th?

Back