• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did we all let one get away? JH4NA21693T000128

I wouldn't buy an NSX from a dealer anyway. :tongue: They typically do not pass along service records which are HUGE for this type of car.

I bought from a dealer a couple of weeks ago. As Big D says, they did not have any service records. They did offer a one month warranty on everything and a two month warranty the drive train. As soon as I got the car, I took it to Charlie, the local NSX expert mechanic for a detailed inspection. He gave it a clean bill of health (except for moisture in the tail lights), so I'm breathing easier. I've put 800 miles on the car and it drives great.

Still, I would like to have the service records. I went to the local acura dealer to see if they could access a national database, but they couldn't; maintenance records are only kept locally, I guess, even for dealers.

I'll keep you posted, but so far buying from a dealer has worked well. The salesman (a woman, actually) and the dealership have been very responsive to questions and requests. They honored the warranty for the tail lights with no hassles.[/QUOTE]

I've scooping up a car from a dealer in Cali and shipping back - my flight is this Friday. As far as service records, I'm buying a 2004 that only had 1 owner and I've made a request for them to contact the original owner and REALLY try to pull those records to pass over to me. Not sure if it will happen, but I really hope it does.

On a side note, I'm in Centreville just up the road from you in Manassas. I'm sure we'll sync up soon. PM me. :)

Is this the same car at a different dealer with a 10K reduction in asking price?? hummm

Ebay #110423568510

Looks the same to me!!! Man, If and when I buy another NSX I am going to buy it from someone on this forum!! God, I am truly not trusting dealers right now! I tried to buy a cash for clunker deal today and a dealer 30 miles from my house "forgot" to mention the $2000 discount on the car!!!

We by no means want the customer(s) to actually "purchase" through Ebay. We only want their attention, get them on the phone or in the store, and we want the sale completed solely through the store.

this is what I call excellent customer service. there is nothing I like better, and nothing I find more successful to me and the business I work for, than false advertising that finds its way onto popular internet forums such as this one to get MORE people to buy from me.

And actually, with all emails that I receive through Ebay, we even try hard to NOT answer the questions,
damn dude, again with the stealing plays right from my book, and I don't even sell cars. :biggrin:

and only to get them to call the store, or give up their contact information.
there is nothing I like quite so much as selling someone's personal contact information for $120, a bowl of noodles, and a good skin flick. trust me, it keeps them coming back!

It does create suspicions, but the determined customer matched with the right salesman will quickly drop their guard when we get in direct contact with them.
Hope I cleared that up!

yes... I also have pedobear working for me. nearly 50 hours a week, and the amount of overtime I have to pay him is nothing compared to the number of people he nails.

:rolleyes: seriously? is the post I'm quoting here a complete joke? yes, maybe you'll get one or two people who are too trusting. but how many people do sales tactics like this lose you? and, by word of mouth, how many more do you lose? when it comes to sales people, I am very picky. I won't just buy from anyone- I've walked out on multiple sales because I felt that a salesperson was making crap up. I know it's not just me...

I know a lot of respectable salespeople. I also know some really crappy ones, and reading posts like this just adds to the reputation that not all salespeople deserve.

Last edited:
This car is on ebay again ... anything wrong with it, I'm not a big fan of the wheels but am thinking of going for it though it does kind of bother me the car has been passed off to a few dealers in the past 3 1/2 months and has another 200 to 300 miles on it which are probably test driven type :frown:

Well thats the internet, and why should it surprise me that dealers are using it as a new advert tool rather than what it was intended for.I should bid on 50 cars and when I'm out bid by the dealer and called 30 minutes later I can simply say "eat me"!:mad:

Right, bid them up to 2x the book value and then tell the dealer to stuff it. It would be funny to track down and do this to EVERY person who shill bids on ebay and continue to do it until ebay either goes out of business or shill bidders stop using ebay as a national advertising tool.

Back