• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow 1991-2001 Diffuser

Bump for an awesome vendor. I have bothered him probably ten times both before the 91-01 diffuser and now that it is available. Quick responses and clear answers.

I'll have to wait to get my "longer" version. I will be posting pics and a review, but my opinion of Difflow is already a positive one.

Curious if this will work with my car - I have a 92, but I have the Seibon rear valance (which is a copy of the 02 rear valance, only without the same supporting hardware).

Consider it a franken-sx. Hah!

Anyways what are the key differences between the NA1 and NA2 difflow diffusers - is it the area where it 'touches' up against the valance? Or is it more about the mounting method? Or a combo of both?

Mounting Method is the exact same for the NA1 and NA2 NSX.

You slide the diffuser over the frame bar in between the rear wheels. You then slide the diffuser under the rear valance and tighten down the long clips that are loosely attached to the diffuser. Then you secure the rear portion of the diffuser to the valance with screws for the safest/most secure hold. If you have an upgraded rear valance and it's just like the 2002+ valance, then I don't see why our 2002+ diffuser wouldn't fit on it. You can give it a try. Do you have any pics? I know our diffusers for the 2002+ work on all NA1 NSX's with the upgraded rear valance (downforce, etc).

I include detailed instructions with all of our diffusers. You can also view them on our website, and our installation video: http://www.difflow.com

The main difference between the Difflow NA1 diffuser and NA2 diffuser is, the NA1 diffuser is not as wide and not as long, due to the cramped rear valance.

what if we said pretty please?

We don't do carbon fiber because:

Aluminum handles curb rash better.
Aluminum handles heat better.
Aluminum is cheaper and easier to fix.
Aluminum can be powdercoated, painted, etc without damaging it or destroying the look.

Aluminum diffusers are just the way to go IMO. Sorry! They might be a bit heavier, but why pay $1000+ for a CF diffuser, when you can't see 75% of it anyway because it's underneath the car? :)

Glenn

Last edited:
Ok everyone. We are shortening the diffuser body 3 inches. So it won't stick out as far. Heard a lot of feedback and people want it to be shorter, so we will do it. :)

If you want a diffuser, go ahead and PM me.

Thank you!! This was my first impression about this diffuser, I'm glad you're updating the design a little. Can't wait to see that picture.

I got the Difflow NA1 diffusers done a week ahead of schedule.

So:

Jim, Blacknot and 1K2GO, your diffusers will be shipped in the morning.

All other NA1 and NA2 difflow customers, we are looking at Monday and next weekish.

Have you any pics from underneath?
I'm hoping your difusor covers the muffler as the first ones for the second gen NSX.
I'm still interested but i'd prefer it to be flush, or so, with the aft end of the OEM
valance.
I modified my Blodi difusor so it would be shorter and trimed off the upturned lip as well.

Cheers
nigel

Have you any pics from underneath?
I'm hoping your difusor covers the muffler as the first ones for the second gen NSX.
I'm still interested but i'd prefer it to be flush, or so, with the aft end of the OEM
valance.
I modified my Blodi difusor so it would be shorter and trimed off the upturned lip as well.

Cheers
nigel

Yes it covers the muffler. If you want a trimmed diffuser to where it's flush with the rear valance, we can do it. Here's a pic of Oscar's NSX, it shows how far forward the diffuser goes and how it sits.

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

Is there an install video for the 91 - 01

No, because it's the exact same procedure. So you can watch the current video we have and it will help immensely. :)

The only thing that we don't have in the video is bolting the diffuser to the rear valance. Everyone, please don't forget to bolt/screw it to the valance for a secure hold. You can use the 2 holes we provided, or make your own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4-EzdX1lTU

Last edited:

We don't do carbon fiber because:

Aluminum handles curb rash better.
Aluminum handles heat better.
Aluminum is cheaper and easier to fix.
Aluminum can be powdercoated, painted, etc without damaging it or destroying the look.

Aluminum diffusers are just the way to go IMO. Sorry! They might be a bit heavier, but why pay $1000+ for a CF diffuser, when you can't see 75% of it anyway because it's underneath the car? :)

Glenn

perhaps he wanted to look good after the NSX rolls on the roof or is a tree ornament from above.

CF is so overplayed and people that don't understand the pros and cons of each material fall for the CF joke.

I got mine yesterday! :biggrin: It looks even better in person!

Unfortunately, I don't have time to install it yet but I did a quick mock-up. The shorter version is the perfect length. For reference, it is even with my ARC exhaust tips. Here are some quick pics:

6941214097_df2ddcbe6d_b.jpg

6795108736_6e2b047879_b.jpg

Awesome! Looking forward to more pics :D Thanks Jim.

For anyone that's interested, that's the 3 Element RAILER for the 91-01.

difflow.jpg

just recieved it and installed it. I will get better shots over the weekend

Last edited:
Looks a lot better now that it doesn't stick out as far. Throw some rear spats on and it will look amazing just like the 02 valance.

Thanks Difflow for doing this for the NSX community. I ran into a guy here with an exige sporting your Difflow diffuser. Had nothing but good things to say about your product.

You have a payment and a PM waiting for you :cool: So excited to get this long version and hopefully in "Railer" Form if it isn't already too late.

Thanks!

Back