• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow Help

I was driving at highway speeds when my recently installed, new Difflow diffusor decide to fall off -- without any impact or event. It remained attached at the front joint but the rear fell and dragged along the road. I was fortunately able to find an open shop that helped me zip-tie it back into place, so I could drive home. I did not install the diffusor but a cursory glance made it seem like the plastic housings for the outside bolts on the rear attachments broke. I'm not sure why all the bolts in the back failed--perhaps from the weight of the diffusor?

Do you think this was a result from an improper install or is it a known point of failure? Unfortunately the brand new Difflow fins are all filleted.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought of another possibility -- I just had the car shipped in an enclosed trailer from NY to FL and perhaps it was strapped down in a way with too much pressure, resulting in force that weakened the joints of the diffuser. Just a theory but I can't think of anything else that would explain.

I thought I heard of this exact same issue before on either another nsx or a gtr from difflow. I'm not sure but it sounds like it's a weak link where it attaches in the back.

Difflow thinks it was a bad install but i need to get it checked out. They are willing to work with me on a cheaper replacement. Do you guys think this is repairable? It looks a bit worse than these pics since I didn't get under to take pics and had to detach some shards.

1bc065349cbc2c858879716455610005.jpg
4f8ab75d91a878e76c2be91ad091f667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YIKES!!

I'm watching thread closely in that I'm having a Dfifllow diffuser installed on my car this week, and going to the track on Sunday! What ever is determined, I will relay to the mechanic that is installing my diffuser.

Did you install the bolt on each end that requires you to drill a small hole on the underside of the rear bumper? This will hold the diffuser in place even if the clamps fail. That's how I installed mine, adds an extra layer of safety and you can't see the holes because they are on the underside of the bumper.

Did you install the bolt on each end that requires you to drill a small hole on the underside of the rear bumper? This will hold the diffuser in place even if the clamps fail. That's how I installed mine, adds an extra layer of safety and you can't see the holes because they are on the underside of the bumper.

It was installed professionally by a body shop that has done great work for me. Not sure if they dropped the ball. Going to get it diagnosed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back