• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Digital NSX-specific HID kits gauging interest in group buy

1. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for low beam
2. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for high beam
3. The Kid one 4300k low beam-shipped
4. Crazy Acura one 4300k low beam--shipped
5. mickeylex for one 4300k low beam and possible one H3 kit-shipped
6. Bucky for one 4300k low beam--shipped
7. Abrunod possible one kit. Shipping to Italy should run no more than $50 usd and I do not charge anything more than the Post Office does.
8. vietNSeXy for one 4300k low beam--shipped
9. rsexotic for a 6000k low beam--No payment, no response.
10. UnhuZ possibly for a 4300k D2S kit-payment received. Shipped.
11. Jett for one 6000k low beam. shipped
12. Carl Ramsey one 4300k low beam-shipped
13. docjohn for 4300k low beam-shipped
14. drmanny3 for 4300k high beam--shipped
15. Tuttie_Phace for 4300k low beam--shipped
17. John Corbitt 4300k low beam--shipped
18. mandrewz for 4300 low beam---delivered
19. DWN for one 6000k low beam kit--shipped
20. MANIACura for 4300k high beam--shipped 6000k by request.
21. Black 94 #400 for 4300k low beam. shipped
22. BerzerkFury02 for 4300k kit. Shipped.
23. Jett for one high beam kit 6000k. shipped.

Last edited:
My kit arrived. Looks VERY easy to install and awesome quality. The pre-drilled dust caps w/ extra room for the wires makes this kit worth every penny. I also liked that the supplied mounting bolt is OEM Honda. Steve clearly pays attention to detail.

Thanks to Steve for providing us with a quality product.

Hi Steve,

Please put me down for a 4300k kit, I did my research and your kits look to be the best on the market :rolleyes:

Last edited:
6000K Kit received via FedEX today (8/23/08). After reading through the instructions to familiarize myself with them, I am installing the kit now.

Edit - After a couple of days of drama on my part, I discovered that I hadn't plugged the kit in correctly. After I got that ironed out (duh), the kit is working beautifully!

See my review and comments at the bottom of this thread.

Last edited:
Jett,

When I installed mine, I didn't hear a zap. The only noise I heard was from the head lights going up and down. If you have the 02+ headlights, then there may be that noise. Not too sure though.

6000K Kit received via FedEX today (8/23/08). After reading through the instructions to familiarize myself with them, I am installing the kit now.

Aargh! One of the white connectors (one on the car, not on the kit) that go inside the dust cap had one of the two metal tabs break off while I was connecting it. (Not the kit's fault, I knew that connector was kind of weak.) @#$%&. Now I have to locate a replacement white connector that I can splice on. It's always something. I am tempted to eliminate the connectors and just solder the wires together, but I don't want to hack it. Grrrr. I will continue with the installation and have to drive one-eyed for a bit.

Okay, got both headlights reinstalled in the car. When I got to the "test procedure"...no light. When I turn the headlight switch, I hear a zap like an electric shock. Is this the normal sound of the ignitor? I tried switching it off and back on three times with the same result. I don't want to push it anymore and fry something. Will have to go about troubleshooting...

Okay, did some basic troubleshooting. All the connectors seem tight. When I try the headlights, I hear the zap and the halogen high beams come on, indicating that the headlight connectors themselves are secured properly. I tried reversing the plug inside one of the caps. It doesn't fit properly when reversed so I really don't think this is correct. When I tried the headlights after reversing the wires...nothing. No zap, no lights. So I switched the connector back to the first orientation where the wires align kit red/NSX black and kit black/NSX white. (This is the correct alignment, right?) Back to the same result. I hear the zap (of the ignitor?) but no light. The halogen high beams still come on. One thing I am really not sure about is whether the prongs are properly inserting into the receptacles when I connect the connectors inside the dust cap.

I completed the physical installation of the HID kit itself, but the HIDs aren't working. The actual physical installation itself went very smooth, as advertised.
Well,
Jett wrote me that he got the problem fixed. He simply did not connect the power harnesses so there was no juice going to the HID.
Steve

recieved mine,very well packed,detailed instructions:smile:

Problem solved!:smile: (The problem was me, not the HID kit.) Installed on the high-beam side and working well. A first-rate, high-quality kit. I highly recommend it!

Last edited:
Hot Info Regarding Temperature (color) Selection - The 6000k kit that I have just installed produces a flood of pale, almost ghostly light that is best described as "teal" or maybe "aqua", meaning a greenish-blue hue (not bright blue or deep blue). I have seen various vendors describe the the 6000k kits as being "diamond white", "diamond blue", or maybe "arctic white", but I think these labels are misleading. To my perception, on the light spectrum [ROY G BIV] they seem to fall somewhere about late "G" to early "B", ie, greenish-blue. (The light reminds me of looking at headlights behind me in an automatic-dimming rear view mirror.)

The attached illustration does the best job I have seen of depicting the different HID colors. Although the colors in the attachment are exaggerated somewhat to draw clear distinctions, this photo best represents the color of tint you will get with the various temperatures. The attachment shows clearly that the 6000k or "diamond blue" is actually very "teal" in color.

Attachments

• HIDcolors.gif
    HIDcolors.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
After further researching HID kits, I am convinced that WhiteNSXs sells the best HID kit that can be bought, at a price that can't be beat. I am so sure of this that I ordered a second kit!

Last edited:
Installed my kit last night. Everything provided by Steve is top notch and high quality. His instructions and parts used in making this kit made the installation very smooth and easy.

Now my low beams put out more light than my high beams! :biggrin:

Do you have an 8000k? I need all show :)

Last edited:
Steve, you can edit the list as follows:

1. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for low beam
2. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for high beam
3. The Kid one 4300k low beam-shipped
4. Crazy Acura one 4300k low beam--shipped
5. mickeylex for one 4300k low beam and possible one H3 kit-shipped
6. Bucky for one 4300k low beam--shipped
7. Abrunod possible one kit. Shipping to Italy should run no more than $50 usd and I do not charge anything more than the Post Office does.
8. vietNSeXy for one 4300k low beam--shipped
9. rsexotic for a 6000k low beam--No payment, no response.
10. UnhuZ possibly for a 4300k D2S kit-payment received. Shipped. Received and very Happy Customer.
11. Jett for one 6000k low beam. shipped
12. Carl Ramsey one 4300k low beam-shipped
13. docjohn for 4300k low beam-shipped
14. drmanny3 for 4300k high beam--shipped
15. Tuttie_Phace for 4300k low beam--shipped
17. John Corbitt 4300k low beam--shipped
18. mandrewz for 4300 low beam---delivered
19. DWN for one 6000k low beam kit--shipped
20. MANIACura for 4300k high beam--shipped 6000k by request.
21. Black 94 #400 for 4300k low beam. shipped
22. BerzerkFury02 for 4300k kit. Shipped.
23. Jett for one high beam kit 6000k. shipped.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just received the package and the kit looks very good. The detailled instructions are awesome... i'm used to do some electrical work and with this instructions i can do this almost blindfolded :tongue::tongue:

I only can instal the kit late this month/early october...i hardly can't wait to do it...

probably i'll end up ordering a kit for the high beams also...but not right now.

Thanks for everything Steve,
Nuno

PS - I'll do a detailled DIY thread full of pics :wink:

Last edited:
Received my high beam kit (6000K). Installation was about as easy as it gets. Very good quality.

For those of you thinking about a high beam kit but you're worried that the HID won't ignite quickly enough to flash oncomming traffic, my experience is this: This kit "flashes" enough initially on start-up to get the message across but still takes several seconds to reach full intensity. Once it reaches full intensity it is as bright as heck. It's a much better match for my HID low beams than the stock bulbs were.

Second 6000k kit received:smile: I installed the first kit on my high beams, which made my low beams look absolutely pathetic. Will be installing the second kit on the low beam side soon.

Last edited:
My original halogen high beams looked very warm/yellow next to the HID's so ordered some PIAA extreme white 4100k bulbs for replacements. I just installed them and think they are just as warm/yellow as the OEM's. Anyone found a suitable match?

My original halogen high beams looked very warm/yellow next to the HID's so ordered some PIAA extreme white 4100k bulbs for replacements. I just installed them and think they are just as warm/yellow as the OEM's. Anyone found a suitable match?

Yeah.....another HID kit. Sounds expensive but I tried everything else until I just gave in and purchased a high beam kit. Now my high beams are a perfect match and they light up the night like nothing else.

Back