• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY tablet cassette slot adapter

Nothing groundbreaking and it's been done before but thought I'd show off my homemade cassette tablet adapter setup - looks fairly clean without having to modify the stock console IMO. Has the hassle of not being wired in for now but happy to just have a music player and maps via Bluetooth.
Here's the finished setup:
tablet.jpe

How it looks with tablet removed:
adapter in slot.jpecassette adapter.jpe

i did the same thing, except i had a double din that didnt work. It left a double din hole, so i ended using galaxy tab 7. headphone jack to rca- to amp. internet,navi, videos all in 1. plus its weighs less than 1 lbs compare to 10lb double din.

What did you use to connect the cassette to the holder and how? Interesting idea. Would work well with my mini iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any kind of L-shaped bracket will do (here I use two brackets spare from some IKEA cabinet I had lying around), epoxied to the cassette. I epoxied a piece of aluminium here as a base plate and the red thing is a flat magnetic mount held to the plate by the adhesive backing that was already on the mount. Just a few dollars worth of materials in all.

i did the same thing, except i had a double din that didnt work. It left a double din hole, so i ended using galaxy tab 7. headphone jack to rca- to amp. internet,navi, videos all in 1. plus its weighs less than 1 lbs compare to 10lb double din.

Do you have any photo of your setup?

Back