• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do not buy from MOD5 Eng (Eric) -dishonest seller, items not as described or received

I purchased some 2002 -2005 NSX wheels with tires, spacers, and lugnuts per the following thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...NT-2400-Miles-Brand-New-Tires-H-amp-R-Spacers

We spoke on a Friday around 1pm on the phone, and I told him I would purchase everything. We agreed to meet on Sunday.
I was supposed to meet him at 4pm at his house. It's about a 1 hour drive from my house and Eric knew this. At 3:50 pm, just ten minutes from when we're supposed to meet, I get a call from Eric stating he's having trouble getting the wheels off his NSX, which apparently is in storage, is in the back of storage, and is very close to another car (or a wall or something...I forget exactly what he said). He asks if we can meet at 5pm instead. He can tell I'm upset and tells me to go grab a nice dinner in the area and he'll treat me and my gf to dinner. I agree (stupid me). Not to long after, he calls again and explains that he's now having trouble getting the spacers off the NSX, and asks if we can meet at 6pm. Again, I agree and have even more time to kill (stupid me). At 6:30pm, still no Eric. I text him and ask for an update. He shows up between 6:45 and 7pm.

The wheels are not MINT or FLAWLESS as Eric states. Also, in his ad, he states brand new front and rear H&R spacers are part of the deal. I only received used rear spacers, no front spacers. I also received used lugnuts, not new ones. In retrospect, I should have asked if the items were truly brand new or like new. I mean, after all, he is showing the wheels on his NSX with the black lugnuts. How can they be new if they're installed on the car, right? I guess this is my fault.

I only received used rear spacers. He claims he had a heck of time getting the spacers off the car due to limited clearance for tools. He promised me up and down I would get the front spacers later in the week. He offered to mail them to me. He even offered to drive them to my house. He even went as far as offering to install everything after we met for lunch and go for a drive the following weekend (I politely declined since I can handle installing these parts and enjoy working on cars).

Eric had a full day and a half to get everything together and have it ready at his house. He failed to do so.
Eric didn't fulfill his end of the deal and provide front and rear spacers.
Eric and his ad promise MINT and FLAWLESS wheels. This is not the case. But, I can only partially blame him for this, I guess.... I had the opportunity to examine the wheels, and I only glanced at them as he took them out his vehicle and threw them in the back of my truck. From 5' to 6' away, they look pretty darn good. Anything closer, and you see the flaws instantly. Stupid me took the words FLAWLESS and MINT to mean exactly that. Those are strong words in my opinion. I'd consider these wheels to be in very good condition.

I gave him a week and never heard from him. Over the course of the following 3 weeks, I tried calling him twice, emailing him one, and texting him twice. No response. nothing. nada.

At this point, all I want is the front set of H&R NSX Hub-Centric Wheel Spacers owed to me so I can install and enjoy these wheels.

I strongly urge my fellow Prime NSX'ers to not do business with MOD5 Eng. (Eric). Thanks for reading.

Jim

That sucks, but why did you buy them if they weren't in the condition you expected? Did you not look at them before you handed over the cash?

I'm sorry to see you had to deal with this guy. He is an infamous scammer on several internet forums dating back many many many years. I suggest you get in touch with a mod/admin to get him banned ASAP. He is cancer to the car scene and to make things worse, he is a husband and a father. I would be ashamed. But I'm sure by now, he is numb and as he has scammed tons of people out of thousands of dollars. He must be proud.

It sucks that you had to deal with that a bad seller, but since you met in person why did you still buy the wheels if they weren't as described?

Jim, I wish you would have known about this guy, a quick Google search for "erick dickerson scammer" yields tons of threads over the years on many different forums of his schemes. On the bright side, you still received 2002-2005 wheels, others were far less fortunate.

Back