• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you guys think the iPad mini will fit in this location? hmmmm

Someone on here did this with an ASUS Nexus 7 if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure a similar setup could be done with your iPad. Then again, who would want an iPad in their NSX. That would decrease the value of the car. :p

thanks for the tips!

I don't think anyone has done what I'm planning to do - not going to just flush mount it. I want it sleeved so it's remove-able by sliding it out to update/portable when needed.

What would be the purpose of having the iPad there? Navigation?

It could be used for NAVI but that is not my main purpose.

I want it as an AUX source for music/video playing through iTunes or any App. With all the movies and music that we download these days, it makes sense to have playlists readily accessible in the car.

With an APP like Waze you could also do NAVI if you like :)

It's the wrong place for a radio replacement IMO. we've discussed this many times. If it is going to function as a radio replacement, it needs to sit where there radio is. It won't fit in the navpod. Ts too far of a reach for something used so often. Especially volume. Way too far. I can see dual iPad minis doing different functions but I feel the music control needs t sit where the radio is.

I'm sorry if I wasn't being clear....

This is NOT a replacement for the radio - we intend to still have a "traditional" source for basic radio, bluetooth and other functions. I have not decided if it will be a single or double din setup but we want maximum fidelity. Totally agree it's un-safe to have only a touchscreen in that location if the driver has to reach and take his eyes off the road.

Right now the debate is if we want to do something like our Kenwood reverse tilt radio or go all out and re-locate the temperature unit to the center armrest. This will give us a lot more real estate to mold the dash to our liking. Besides the radio source unit, we have radar jamming electronics and plan to integrate a Lambo Aventador start button into the dash. We like the Macintosh source units for their quality of sound but they lack the basic features of modern decks from Alpine/Kenwood/Pioneer so still a lot of decisions to be made.

So to sum it up, the iPad mini is only a AUX source for playing music/videos and is not actually the highlight piece. The center dash will be the ultimate NSX dash when finished and eliminate the glare issues that plague the NSX.

Sounds like quite a project.

Sounds like quite a project.

haha this is why 2 years later I am still procrastinating! I have all these parts in my closet accumulating so I plan to do this just for the heck of it....

I would love to see it happen. I think the ipad certainly has its place in a vehicle now with all the things it can do. Good luck!

If it got Google Navy, then I would agree.
I guess there are now amps coming out that have direct Blue Tooth linking ability. Won't even need a go between to make this work.

I'm doing this for sure ~ just waiting to get my hands on a NAV POD :)

Labor will not be easy but we want to do something unique - wait till you see what we have planned for the actual dash area :)

Back