• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you like this lip?

Do you like the Cantrell lip?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters
People here have weird tastes if you ask me. Every non-car person loves the lip and hates the R wing... everyone here loves the R wing and don't like the lip. I have the R wing but still think it borders on Fugly. I threw away my stock lip like an idiot.

Angus you got any better pics than your avatar?

I'll try to find some -

n508765491_3924390_4964.jpg

I like that front bumper actually much more than the OEM bumper with a lip. Would that work with the OEM front fenders? Which one is it?

I am installing my KW competition coilovers soon, the springs look like they will drop the car 2", the Cantrell lip I have will not make it past my driveway. I don't know what to do. I like this lip so much I am thinking of dropping $2K on Ravi's lift system just to be able to keep this lip.

Apparently this lip is also no longer made. What else can I go with? There used to be one around here that was flexible (not stock), but it does not look nearly as nice. There is always stock... but I am including a poll, to see... am I the only one that really likes this lip? I think it goes great with my car. But please vote and if you have a suggestion please tell me. I think the DF one will be just as bad... its CF and will be destroyed.... same with the GT1.

I'm working on a Hydraulic Nose Lift system at the moment. The Kit should be fairly simple. 2 x Rams for the Coilovers & a 12V Hydraulic pump. should be reasonably lightweight too. I have the same Lip on my NSX & have the same driveway issues. Having the rams CNC'd at the moment then it's some testing before I make a "Kit" Probably a couple of Months away.

A Hydraulic system is messy if you ever spring a leak. If you live in colder climates you may have issues with the cold as well. Just a thought.

Its the vents that through it off, I cant see where they are supposed to flow with the rest of the car. They just look out of place in comparison with the bumper air dam.

Are you suggesting a lip, with non-functional "vents" is non-ricey??? :confused::biggrin:

I don't get your logic. Are your Takata harnesses "functional"? How about that drifting steering wheel? Do you drift? That rear diffusor you have... its "function" is to basically make the car 13 pounds heavier in the tail. Your passenger side air scoop... its non-functional too. Are your orange painted calipers functional? If they were tracked once that paint would turn into burnt goo. You have many parts on your own car which LOOK the part, but aren't really used in racing or tracking. By your definition, all of that could easily qualify as "ricey". I'm just saying it is all a matter of perspective.

The Cantrell vents are in a great location to be plummed into a hose and vented onto the brakes. I was going to do this at some point and feed cold air onto the rotors.

Last edited:
The Cantrell vents are in a great location to be plummed into a hose and vented onto the brakes. I was going to do this at some point and feed cold air onto the rotors.

IF that was the design purpose then by all means keep it, function over form any day. Yeah they look a little off to me but they serve a purpose in that case. Should definitely get those ducts made then :smile:

I like that front bumper actually much more than the OEM bumper with a lip. Would that work with the OEM front fenders? Which one is it?

Yes, but if you saw that thing up close there is no way you'd want it.

Never liked that lip on your car or any other car for that matter. Get the JP Aero, Dave. It seems like a cheap alternative to alter the look of your car, and you can just scrape it instead of spending money on the lift kit.

lol. relax, it was a joke hence the smiley. Btw, I dont have takata harness.' As far as your other rhetorical questions, never asked what ppl thought, as opposed to this thread.

Are you suggesting a lip, with non-functional "vents" is non-ricey??? :confused::biggrin:

I don't get your logic. Are your Takata harnesses "functional"? How about that drifting steering wheel? Do you drift? That rear diffusor you have... its "function" is to basically make the car 13 pounds heavier in the tail. Your passenger side air scoop... its non-functional too. Are your orange painted calipers functional? If they were tracked once that paint would turn into burnt goo. You have many parts on your own car which LOOK the part, but aren't really used in racing or tracking. By your definition, all of that could easily qualify as "ricey". I'm just saying it is all a matter of perspective.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

lol. relax, it was a joke hence the smiley. Btw, I dont have takata harness.' As far as your other rhetorical questions, never asked what ppl thought, as opposed to this thread.

I'm not upset at all Synth, so I don't know why you are saying relax. We are just talking.

I'm just pointing out that you of all people are the king of "non-function"... lol... nothing wrong with that, I mean the car looks good... but you pick one part and call it "ricey", when by your own definition, half your car would be considered ricey. Right? What seperates a set of harness belts that are not even attached properly on a car that never sees a track from a lip that has vents? What seperates your rear diffusor that is non-functional and in fact HEAVY, from a lip that is "non-functional"? Do you see my point? It's all the same if you ask me.

Last edited:
Hi Turbo2go~
looks like its mine kkk

Hi Turbo2go~
looks like its mine kkk

Whats up dude... man I tell you to stay in touch, you dissapear, I am glad a prime thread brings you back. So you can tell Hijacker yourself what that front bumper is and how the fit is. I don't remember your being thrilled with it.

sorry dave, was being busy busy crazy.
thats MH bumper from DF, originally it had to fit on pre 02 bumber,
i think it just depends on which shop you are going:biggrin:

Sorry but I like the stock lip much better. The new one does not flow well with the car in my view. The color should be black and the lines straight - no dips or curves.

I'm not upset at all Synth, so I don't know why you are saying relax. We are just talking.

I'm just pointing out that you of all people are the king of "non-function"... lol... nothing wrong with that, I mean the car looks good... but you pick one part and call it "ricey", when by your own definition, half your car would be considered ricey. Right? What seperates a set of harness belts that are not even attached properly on a car that never sees a track from a lip that has vents? What seperates your rear diffusor that is non-functional and in fact HEAVY, from a lip that is "non-functional"? Do you see my point? It's all the same if you ask me.

LOL! I was making a joke @ PhiAlpha44's comment. Instead, I will recant that comment and simply say this lip in question is ugly, does not flow with the lines of the car, and should be burned.

Btw, Harness belts which are not properly attached seems silly and dangerous. I agree.

I've never liked front lips with holes in them.... I'd have the DF lip.

Stephen

LOL Stephen... you mean this DF lip with "holes in it?"

d_29911.jpg

Last edited:
Haha yeah. Guess I learned the new thing for the day. In my defense those holes are much smaller!

Did ya decide which lip yet though? If you do go oem I'm sure you could sell the current one pretty easy and take the extra cash for an extra track day!

Stephen

Current one is no longer made so I really want to save it. I think Scorp said he found a similar style of of Japan with better quality but looking at closeups of his pics it looked the same to me.

Still not sure what to do. Might get the JP aero and leave it black. I can also shoot it silver and add a ton of "flex" into the paint and see how it holds up. I can't believe how closely split the vote has been on this. I still like it a lot.

Back