• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you use a power buffer machine to wax?

I hope I'm not overstepping or hijacking your thread. There is a site called Detailcity.org that has a vast amount of information on detailing. Not only that, but the advice is friendly and information is freely shared. I'm not a professional detailer just a weekend warrior and this forum is one of the best that I have ever seen.

amaezing.

Not at all. Any and all info is welcomed in regards to polishing and detailing. I'm still torn between the Griots and Detail Image $200.00 package. Both offer different accessories and pads.

Not at all. Any and all info is welcomed in regards to polishing and detailing. I'm still torn between the Griots and Detail Image $200.00 package. Both offer different accessories and pads.

Build your own kit from Griots. Their "kit" is just ok. You can build a better one.

1. Get the $130 orbital
2. Get the 3 pack of orange polishing pads - trust me, you will want to have extra pads on hand.
3. Get the 3 pack of red wax pads - again, extra pads are worth it.
4. Get two polishes (Machine Polish 2 & 3)
5. Use whatever wax you prefer (you probably already have some)
6. Get clay bar from Griot's if you want (or get it from your local auto parts store).

This home-made kit will be your best bang for the buck.

Back