• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does a Super Charger Lower the Value?

I don't think so. Installing a supercharger DOES limit the number of people who will be interested in your car. But I think the value of the supercharger is recognized by the NSX enthusiast community. I think it's considered desirable enough that someone will be willing to get a supercharged car and will even be willing to pay a premium over the price of an equivalent non-supercharged car. However, that premium might be $2-5K (just guessing here), so you should not expect to recover the full ~$10K cost of the supercharger in resale value.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 August 2001).]

Thanks, but I have another question.

Given the low number of NSX entusiasts, would the super charger lower the trade-in value to a dealer that doesn't necessary handle these cars?

I really, really doubt it. The CT blower is warrantied through most dealers like factory stuff. Plus, another 70-100 reliable hp never detracted from the value of a car. Especially a performance car.

Look up ads for Ferraris. Are the ones with Tubi exhausts cheaper or more expensive?

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 25 August 2001).]

Most of the drivers that I read on these posts modify their cars for their own enjoyment and to suit their personal driving styles, rather than modding with regard to the resale value of the car in later years.
IMO, you should do the mods that you want and then enjoy them. If you lose some money in the process, as you most likely will do, at least you will have owned and driven the car in the fashion that you wanted.

I currently have a 2000 NSX-T with the Comptech supercharger installed. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, but if I ever needed to sell it I would simply convert the car back to stock and then sell the supercharger kit separately. The install for the kit is pretty simple and switching it back to stock isn't too bad either.

Just another option.

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
IMO, you should do the mods that you want and then enjoy them. If you lose some money in the process, as you most likely will do, at least you will have owned and driven the car in the fashion that you wanted.

Well said! I agree 100%

A lot of people don't understand this though....(???)

Dutchy

Back