• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does NE1 have a Gen2 MDX?

My wife and I are thinking about a 2008 MDX and I would apprecaite any owner feedback.

If you have one, how long have you had it? How many miles have you accumulated? Any specific likes or dislikes? And finally, what kind of mileage are you getting in what kind of driving conditions?

Thanks in advance.

Christian

got an 07, I love it. I have the sport/entertainment with a bunch of accessories and it is very comfortable. My likes of the mdx:
Drives like a car(taking corners in sport modes/shawd)
Audio system sounds really good
Navi system is fantastic
Pretty versatile, have hauled a lot in it and then the 5000 pound towing
nice deep roar from the motor above 4.5K RPM
Smooth steering wheel
Rear entertainment is really good for longer tips
HFL system is much better than previous acura's
the guages, at night they look amazing...
Blue accents thoughout the front cabin, plus white switches, no more green lights.

the dislike:
Not enough power, it does 0-60 in 7.1....
costs almost 80 dollars to fill up, but it does last a long time (400 miles+)
Cleaning it, due to all the crevices, its hard to clean it properly unless you take your time with a q-tip

The few problems with the MDX ( i have only had cubholders and clunk, but both are fixed):
1. The sides of the dash tend to have a large gap, but easily fixable
2. rear cup holders get stuck, Honda has an updated set to solve this
3. The sport suspension MDX owners have a slight clunk in the rear, but this was fixed by honda on 2008 models, solution on the 2007 was to replace a bolt causing the noise, and also grease the bump stops.
4. The tech package owners (normal suspension) have a clicking noise, honda is working on a solution with new bushings to solve this, but the problem occurs on very few MDX's.
5. Oil change, the MDX has some stupid deflector near the oil drain bolt, it sprays oil everywhere if you use it, best thing is to take it off (simple bolt), but if the dealer changes it, no worries
6. Leather wear, the MDX has 100% real leather, and it tends to wrinkle easily, but after it wrinkles, no further damage occurs.
7. Owners have complained of blue jeans staining leather, easily solved by cleaning with leather cleaner once every few months.

Gas mileage isn't the best, in city I get about 17-18 if I drive nicely, Highway, I have gotten 23-24, at speeds of about 70-75.

Have 13.5K on it, runs very well, I have had maybe 1 rattle from it, but that was due to a soda can top pushy thing.

Have you driven one yet? You gotta drive it! It's the coolest! Everyone else is doing it.:smile:

The 07-08 MDX is my favorite vehicle that we sell. I've sold more than both Acura dealerships in our state. Sure it has it's few issues, but very few and very minor.

Gas mileage obviously varies with each person depending on lots of factors, but for the most part I'd say it does very well. The EPA shows on the window sticker that 08's should be getting 15/20, but I've never had a customer get that low. I flew to Colorado last year to pick one up for a customer and drive it home. (she didn't want to wait for the transport company) It had 9 miles on it when I started and was about a 650 mile trip. I averaged 26 mpg.

Towing is great for this vehicle like the poster said about me. I've had customers that thought they'd have to get another Tahoe just to tow their boat on the weekends. They went with the MDX and it tows great, even up to the mountain lakes around here.

It's also very safe. Check out the crash star ratings on the bottom right corner of the window sticker.

And in closing, I've never met someone who didn't like the MDX. I even have 5 different customers who have 2 07/08 MDX's in the family. The husband will buy one for their wife and end up coming back to get one for themselves. If money wasn't an issue, I'd consider doing the same thing.

We have one in the family and in fact i drove it all this weekend when i was in Toronto as i didn't bring my own car so i borrowed my Uncles to do a whole bunch of stuff.

Expensive to fill up, but it does last quite a while, especially on the highway. I haven't noticed any problems with the leather (Black on Beige colour combination), (especially the Jeans one, it hasn't happened yet then, and it was raining all weekend as well), we don't have any suspension issues, it seems to be rattle free! *knock on wood*.

Either way, it's actually something you should really check out, out of what we were looking for (Luxury SUV that could fit 7, and didn't cost an arm and a leg), the MDX was definitely worth it. We also have an RL, so they go pretty good together.

But definitely check it out, very few people regret the purchase. And even though it isn't a rocket off the line (7.1 isn't all that bad, it's a truck after all), it'll be very helpful. And we just had 400cm of snow, and the MDX walked all over it as if it were normal pavement!

We have the 2007 20th Anniversary MDX which has the Tech package and the 19" sparking silver rims. 25km i think...(15k miles?)

Have you driven one yet?

We drove one on Sunday and really liked the way it drove. Unfortunately, the dealership didn't have a sport model to try out but I was very surprised by how well the "standard" MDX handled.

We're contemplating replacing our LX470. While it is quite simply one of the most incredible vehicles we've ever owned, it's way too much for what we need. I have no doubts that it will out last almost anything else on the road but we're paying a fortune to put gas into a vehicle which is just way more than what we need.

My wife simply will not consider a minivan and we need the third row. We did not like the Highlander and my wife isn't a fan of the looks of the Pilot (Gen I or Gen II).

I really appreciate any/all feedback.

Keep it coming guys.

We drove one on Sunday and really liked the way it drove. Unfortunately, the dealership didn't have a sport model to try out but I was very surprised by how well the "standard" MDX handled.

We're contemplating replacing our LX470. While it is quite simply one of the most incredible vehicles we've ever owned, it's way too much for what we need. I have no doubts that it will out last almost anything else on the road but we're paying a fortune to put gas into a vehicle which is just way more than what we need.

My wife simply will not consider a minivan and we need the third row. We did not like the Highlander and my wife isn't a fan of the looks of the Pilot (Gen I or Gen II).

I really appreciate any/all feedback.

Keep it coming guys.

Most people can't tell the difference during a test drive between the Sport and non sport models. The entire car is new to them at that point. I never cared for it much until that trip to Colorado that I mentioned. It was a sport and I spent enough time in the car to play around with it. On the highway, I would have the cruise set at 75 and press the button to switch between "comfort" and "sport". In comfort, the car would hit a dip in the road and take a split second to settle down. In sport, it seems to skip across the top of everything and felt faster even though it was the same speed.

The best term I've ever heard of for this car is "athletic", both in appearance and handling. It seems to fit quite well.

we (my wife that is) have had an 07 MDX since about Nov 2006. Traded in an 03 MDX for it. the 07 is a very nice car. She has the Sport model which has the nicer wheels. it is very very rare that we push that "sport" suspension button. it is just fine the way it is. not like you are driving 10/10's on the street in an SUV anyway.

it has nav, dvd, etc..... all is good! Just today it went in due to some voice command thing getting all fucked up. besides that no warranty issues that I can think of. it has about 13k miles. I got 22-23mpg at 75-80mph last weekend on 95% highway driving. I think around town she gets 15ish due to all the starting and stopping.

I cannot think of any complaints other than it is not quick compared to my trailblazer ss but it is hard to match 6.0L of american muscle. :D

you should be able to get an MDX at about invoice by now shouldn't you?

We've had our 07 MDX for almost a year now and ~7k total miles. Its my wife's primary driver and she(we) love it. I just looked at the computer last week and was averaging ~19mpg with a mix of mostly city driving. As far as the car being slow I couldn't disagree more, 7.1 0 to 60 would best many sports cars from a decade ago:smile:

I would think about the Sport package and why its important to you. I've driven the MDX like a sports car exactly 0 times. The only time I've even put the auto into the 'manual' mode was when my salesman was demoing it. I just don't see driving the car that way. I think the ride is perfect for this sort of vehicle with the base model suspension. Also we've had zero failures or breakdowns and the less superfluous equipment, the less potential for problems. Just my .02c.

Anyway, love the car, love the style(in and out), great road manners. I really don't think you can go wrong. Good luck:cool:

We've had our 07 MDX for almost a year now and ~7k total miles. Its my wife's primary driver and she(we) love it. I just looked at the computer last week and was averaging ~19mpg with a mix of mostly city driving. As far as the car being slow I couldn't disagree more, 7.1 0 to 60 would best many sports cars from a decade ago:smile:

I would think about the Sport package and why its important to you. I've driven the MDX like a sports car exactly 0 times. The only time I've even put the auto into the 'manual' mode was when my salesman was demoing it. I just don't see driving the car that way. I think the ride is perfect for this sort of vehicle with the base model suspension. Also we've had zero failures or breakdowns and the less superfluous equipment, the less potential for problems. Just my .02c.

Anyway, love the car, love the style(in and out), great road manners. I really don't think you can go wrong. Good luck:cool:

Thanks Nate.

If we move forward, we're probably going to do at least the tech package. And since I love to drive, I like the idea of the sports package. But again, I haven't even driven that model yet and was blown away by how good the base suspension was. Simply light years better than a comparable RX350 from Lexus.

Back