• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does Size Matter?

NSF

Registered Member
Just curious, when y'all be puttin' bigger tires on your 1991-1993 NSXs (or 18-inchers on any NSX) don't the speedometer and odometer readings go all out of whack? Or does "tire size pessimism" make up for the built-in speedometer optimism and make everything hunky-dory?

Bonus question: do the 1991-1993s have smaller wheel wells, or is the 1/2" increase in tire radius not enough to matter?

My apologies for not misspelling "lose" anywhere in this post...

The speedo won't be off unless you get tires that have a larger overall diameter than stock. You can get bigger wheels and tires that are the same overall diameter. Just lower tire profile and larger rims.

I have a 94 NSX with 265/35/18s on the rear. I too had the same question about speedometer error so when riding beside a friend at 70mph in my car, he was reading 75mph in his car. I haven't clocked it officially but from this approximation I'm assuming the speedometer is reading about 5mph slower at highway speeds.
smile.gif

No...No...

Just drive 5 miles an hour faster at all speeds and all is fine.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

How do you know your friends spedo is correct, you should check you spedo with a handheld GPS after any tire size change. Best of Luck.

Back