• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Does the OEM Exhaust make any noise?

I have a early model NSX and noticed that it makes pretty nice sound from the intake when I punch it. I can't tell if the exhaust make any sound at WOT?

Wonder if someone has a sound clip on the OEM exhaust?

I dont think it does.
Its VERY quiet.

All you hear is engine noise.
Unless you pull out the resonators in the side, then you can hear some intake sound.

If you like the stock sound which I did also dont go near a nsx with a nice aftermarket exhuast because you will find yourself searching for the perfect sound after that to enhance your driving experience.

what i heard was,
the OEM exhaust was louder if u....

remove it and throw it accross the room. he he he.

NsXMas said:
yea, stay away from my NSX! :D
same here... :biggrin:

whiteNSXs said:
From day one, all magazines have been praising how nice the NSX exhaust sound is. I think the stock exhaust is really not bad at all. Very quiet at idle and kicks butt at wide throttle. Listen here. http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/multimedia/3gearupshift.wav
Steve

In that clip all I hear is intake, I do miss that sound with my magnaflow system.

whiteNSXs said:
From day one, all magazines have been praising how nice the NSX exhaust sound is. I think the stock exhaust is really not bad at all. Very quiet at idle and kicks butt at wide throttle. Listen here. http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/multimedia/3gearupshift.wav
Steve

But what you mainly hear there is the motor, not the exhaust. The motor sounds amazing. The exhaust is too quiet to hear from the cabin.

Briank said:
In that clip all I hear is intake, I do miss that sound with my magnaflow system.
I don't think so. What you hear from the cabin is not just the intake. In fact the intake does not sound anything exciting at all. You can try it by opening up the hatch and have someone rev the engine and you can listen to the intake. It does nothing. The sound you hear is the exhaust but the only difference between from outside and in the cabin is that you get the Doppler's effect from outside. The Doppler's effect makes the exhaust more musical because of a departing sound source.
Here is a clip of a Ferrari 355 which shows inside cabin and outside note. They are very similar. I had some old video clips that I made with someone else drove my old NSX away in full throttle and the exhaust was very Ferrariesque from the outside and very similar to the cabin clip above. I can't find them now. Hey, Fester! Have you ever returned my mini Dv tape to me?
Hmmmmmm, I have not been able to put that link on here!!!! :mad: :confused:
Steve

Last edited:
nis350 said:
I have a early model NSX and noticed that it makes pretty nice sound from the intake when I punch it. I can't tell if the exhaust make any sound at WOT?

Yes, the stock intake of NSX sounds great, if you like the stock intake sound you will absolutely love the intake sound with Cantrell AIS.

Stock exhaust is extremely quiet, it does make great sound, but you can't hear from inside the cabin unfortunately. If you stand outside and have someone drive it for you in a parking lot (not recommended, just an example), it sounds really nice.

Sounds like a dream, F355 has the nicest sounding exhaust IMHO.

whiteNSXs said:
Steve

Nice to know that it does make a nice sound. I heard what you have on the sound clip and it is quite sweet.

However, I tried reving the engine and don't really hear much from the exhaust or the intake.

nis350 said:
Nice to know that it does make a nice sound. I heard what you have on the sound clip and it is quite sweet.

However, I tried reving the engine and don't really hear much from the exhaust or the intake.
Perhaps you can find a friend to drive the car down a long straight and you can hear the exhaust. Or you can find a tunnel to drive the NSX. The stock exhaust is not bad at all.
Steve

Back