• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

doing a PPI is definately a must

I almost bought 2 nsxs but after doing PPI found out the hard way they are both not worth it (even if they were super cheap). To any prespective buyers, spend a few hundred and save thousands! :biggrin:

Which two cars were you looking at. When I was getting my NSX serviced at First Class Automotive, there was a car in there getting a PPI done

well if you look at cheap NSX's your gonna find that they ALL will need stuff done and will Equal the cost of a higher priced one.

pretty much a no brainer.

well if you look at cheap NSX's your gonna find that they ALL will need stuff done and will Equal the cost of a higher priced one.

pretty much a no brainer.

Truer words have never been spoken! AMEN - and that ends the lesson for today!

So true! That's why I laugh at people saying 91's to 94's should be in the $20's when selling or paying...what a joke. Sure...if they need work but not for a mint car.

I almost bought 2 nsxs but after doing PPI found out the hard way they are both not worth it

Wouldn't "the hard way" be to find out AFTER the purchase ?

A PPI is standard buyer's due diligence when you are purchasing an NSX, seems like "the easy way" to me despite the few hundred out of pocket.

The "real easy way" for everyone else, is to search NSXPrime for the VIN numbers of the two NSXs that you had the PPI performed on with the results of each test... after you post that information *HINT* *HINT* :rolleyes:

I almost bought 2 nsxs but after doing PPI found out the hard way they are both not worth it (even if they were super cheap). To any prespective buyers, spend a few hundred and save thousands! :biggrin:

as stated above please share your findings with us and the vins.

Moderu,

A ppi is only as good as the mechanic performing the service. If he's really good most things should be unearthed but it is difficult to find every single thing that may be wrong without really getting into repairs. But most things should be found. They can't tell when certain things were done if there are no records however. There are people that complain from time to time about how their PPI guy didn't find everything and they had more to do than they thought.

Another reason to buy cars that have been serviced regularly where there is history you can verify! That in my opinion is at least equal to a ppi if not more important!

Care to share the information with the masses? Post the VIN's and your findings. NSX prospective owners search these forums to find out history on vehicles to confirm vehicle condition prior to sale. No reason to keep that private to yourself. :)

Will the PPI really reveal all potential problems and costs of repairs? EVERYTHING?

No it will not.

You would need a PPI and a full body examination by a body shop experienced with NSX to detect any prior repairs and/or flaws.

PPI will more or less give you the general state of the engine and visible components relevant to driving, mechanically.

Most dealerships have a standard inspection routine that they apply to any car - common things like brake pad thickness, tire tread depth, battery test, etc.

Mechanics with extensive NSX experience (some of which are at dealerships, but not all such mechanics, and not all such dealerships) will look for problems that are specific to the NSX, such as checking whether the transmission is in snap ring range, etc.

Back