• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double din radio upgrade

My factory radio turns on but no sound comes out.. I would like to replace the radio with a new double din. I hear the glare on our cars are terrible with a double din but I’ve seen double dins with reverse tilt options that tilt forward instead of tilting back.. I know euroboutique makes a console that tilts back but that’s kinda pricey now.. what do I need besides harness, I know I have to change Amps so which one do you recommend and what speakers.. if you have exact parts, please help as I’m clueless at this point.

thanks In advance!

First make sure you amps are working first. Your stereo might be OK, the Bose amps tend to fail first. They can be rebuilt, BrianK is the goto person for this.

If your radio is dead: You do NOT need new amps and speakers to interface with your new radio. Just hook up the new stereo pre-amp outs to your tested/repaired Bose amps and all will be good.

The console cover is likely the most expensive part of the whole replacement.

What is your budget and quality requirements?

BTW: If you would like to sell a dead stereo, I am working on a project and I need test units.

Last edited:
First make sure you amps are working first. Your stereo might be OK, the Bose amps tend to fail first. They can be rebuilt, BrianK is the goto person for this.

If your radio is dead: You do NOT need new amps and speakers to interface with your new radio. Just hook up the new stereo pre-amp outs to your tested/repaired Bose amps and all will be good.

The console cover is likely the most expensive part of the whole replacement.

What is your budget and quality requirements?

BTW: If you would like to sell a dead stereo, I am working on a project and I need test units.

Considering you suddenly have no sound out of either speaker, my bet would be the head unit being bad.
I decided to replace the headunit on my car, and may eventually redo the bose speakers/amps when they fail as well.
Agreed the trim panel is the priciest and most complicated part of the install - everything else is actually fairly straight forward.

Back