• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

What is the finish on the inside of the scoop like? Flaky? Smooth?

I am just concerned about the material "dusting" off and going to the filter.

The outside looks smooth. Can you confirm the material used for the scoop's construction?

Thanks for the help!

Zero-Cool said:
Installed pic.
This is so cool I been want to race with every body! To funny! how a little HP gain and great sound will do to a person...:)

nis350,
I feel the gain at frist gear from the start...pick up faster...and the sound just too cool...much better than the Comptech box ,ACR I used to have and paid a lot of money for them.

Does the scoop and the intake box have a perfect air tight seal? Form your picture there seemes to be a small gap.

BITeR said:
Does the scoop and the intake box have a perfect air tight seal? Form your picture there seemes to be a small gap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
YES!!! its OEM fit....PERFECT!

avalon96 said:
What is the finish on the inside of the scoop like? Flaky? Smooth?

I am just concerned about the material "dusting" off and going to the filter.

The outside looks smooth. Can you confirm the material used for the scoop's construction?

Thanks for the help!
-----------------------------------------------------------
its Fiber class RESIN...

"Can you post a pic of it installed?"
look one page one.

Zero-Cool said:
-----------------------------------------------------------
its Fiber class RESIN...

"Can you post a pic of it installed?"
look one page one.

Thanks, I did not see page 1.

mackash said:
Zero Cool
I want one whats the website?

Hi

Here you go.

Nothing much at the moment though.

Regards

mackash said:
Thanks my silver brother. :biggrin:

Hi

Your welcome. :)

Check out the first post in this thread on how to get in contact with them.

I will Paypal some $ some time today and get my scoop.

Regards

I am very interested
I send you email on monday night.
Haven't receive any replay back
:confused:

Re: Fakin' da funk...

Osiris_x11 said:
This is absolutely 100% false. This intake_scoop is NOT Cantrell's design. So, Downforce.biz did not steal Cantrell's design. The intake_scoop is not and never was Cantrell's design. Cantrell's AIS is a fine part, but it's not an original. . .

Brett is correct. The Cantrell AIS was an original design. The first prototype part was shown at NSXPO. Just want to make sure the record is set straight :)

Cheers,
-- Chris

EIFFEL said:
Looks like the price is already gone up! What a scam, bait with $100 price, switch with $130 selling price. Still cheaper than "other" but the tactic is poor.

Scam? Did you order with the $100 price and they changed it on the fly? Or did they sell it for $100 in the past, you didn't order it, and now they're selling it for $130? The first is bait & switch, the second is inflation or supply and demand. Prices do go up.

Hi

I sent a mail on the closing date of 01 august. I got it for the $100. I was not sure that I would and was prepared to pay more.

The offer as I understood it had a kill date of 01. august.

That is not a scam as I see it.

My scoop is getting shipped on next friday.

Regards

EIFFEL said:
Looks like the price is already gone up! What a scam, bait with $100 price, switch with $130 selling price. Still cheaper than "other" but the tactic is poor.

I got mine for the $100 price plus $15 for shipping before the cutoff. The seller was VERY clear about the price hike that was coming in the communications I had with him and I believe the new $130 price includes shipping. Its not uncommon to have a special intro price to engender some trust and enthusiasm within a community. Hardly what I would call a 'scam.'
:confused:

Nate

martin said:
Hi

Your welcome. :)

Check out the first post in this thread on how to get in contact with them.

I will Paypal some $ some time today and get my scoop.

Regards
Your comments above made me believe that the price is $100. and avail. today. I did not check the web site earlier.

I concur with you. The website stated the price will increase on August 1st when I checked in July.

So, it's not a scam.

martin said:
Hi

I sent a mail on the closing date of 01 august. I got it for the $100. I was not sure that I would and was prepared to pay more.

The offer as I understood it had a kill date of 01. august.

That is not a scam as I see it.

My scoop is getting shipped on next friday.

Regards

WHAT!!! is it no longer offered @ $100?

I'm interested on getting one if they will still sell me one for $100

Yeah, I knew that the price was going to go up after 8/1. It was posted on the website. It was actually $115 total,which include shipping. Local pickup was $100. I didn't bother to pick it up locally since the gas was so expensive.

I was going to wait it out for review, but $115 is not much for a NSX part. A shift knob cost that much. :eek:

If it is $130 shipped, still quite good. The used AIS was selling for over $200 plus shipping on Prime.

Am I missing something because now it appears to be $195.00. :eek:

nis350 said:
Local pickup was $100.

Do you know the details for local pick-up? Do they have a store that I can just walk into, pay for the item and walk away with the part?

Thanks.

comquat1 said:
Am I missing something because now it appears to be $195.00. :eek:

w/c site r u looking at?

comquat1 said:
now it appears to be $195.00. :eek:

Incredible...

In a matter of 5 days, the price has nearly doubled. Let's just band together and drive the price back down to what everyone was happy paying for.

Back