• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Clean-Air HEPA System

I have seen a few of this installed at DF and the CF appearance is absolutely stunning, I did not noticed any installation issues when Peter installed them. I cannot say about the functionality, but I do plan on getting one when my pocket is free from Property tax. Looking forward to it.

I cannot say about the functionality, but I do plan on getting one when my pocket is free from Property tax. Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but functionality is most important factor here as its is the Clean Air Hepa system. Which no one really sees but sure be nice if it worked as it should. I got allergies and wanted to use this product to get clean air, but I guess OEM honda/acura once again does it best.
Or does this product work function well?? Do you notice the cleaner air or can't tell a difference?

For me the only hiccup was the window trim piece but that was no fault of DF. After installing the kit it made the front bay shine. I agree this is only a cosmetic product geared toward show cars and drivers who don't like pure dust blowing in their face. Why acura never put a cabin air filter to begin with is a mystery. My wife just had her 60,000 mi tune up at porsche and they replaced her CAF. I would buy this item again. Does anyone know if DF will charge for the filter adapter or will they send it to the customers that already purchased the kit for free? Also if someone could check with Sam regarding the wiper arm hole delete cover that would be great.

this cover for the Hepa kit will be free of charge the mold is being made I have figured out a simple and effective solution. so again everyone thanks for your patients and when I send out this cover I will also send out the extra filter that Ben promised. For now I am estimating by the end of this month to begin shipping

I cannot say about the functionality, but I do plan on getting one when my pocket is free from Property tax. Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but functionality is most important factor here as its is the Clean Air Hepa system. Which no one really sees but sure be nice if it worked as it should. I got allergies and wanted to use this product to get clean air, but I guess OEM honda/acura once again does it best.
Or does this product work function well?? Do you notice the cleaner air or can't tell a difference?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone got any answers for questions above??

C'mon guys, let's get these off the DF shelf. Place your orders through Science of Speed.

Few more pics.......no problems to date. LOVE IT!

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

C'mon guys, let's get these off the DF shelf. Place your orders through Science of Speed.

Few more pics.......no problems to date. LOVE IT!

I didn't think these were just sitting on the shelfs. Has everyone that was in on the GB already gotten theirs?
I would LOVE to have one but the price is a bit steep for me.:frown:

I didn't think these were just sitting on the shelfs. Has everyone that was in on the GB already gotten theirs?
I would LOVE to have one but the price is a bit steep for me.:frown:

Not yet, but looking to get it soon.. Cari is going to change colour soon... As soon as I got parts :)

Any updates on shipping the cover for those that have this? How about the extra filter?

I am waiting for the mold to be done they are going to be made of plastic . vacuum formed.. and I will send out the extra filter at that point to the group buy customers. it still in process I would estimate to be ready in 4 to 5 weeks is what I am told ..

Any updates on shipping the cover for those that have this? How about the extra filter?

Two months have gone by from when I last asked this question. Any updates?

the guy who is making the covers is still making the covers he is almost done
he is doing me a favor to do a low production run of these covers .. So I can't be to pushy sorry for the wait but they will be very nice and at no cost to any one so as soon as they are done I will post.. and for the filters I was going to send them out with the covers but, if anyone needs the filter now I will send it out to the ones that where in the group buy.. :biggrin:

Hello every one I'm back :biggrin: We just finish the first hepa cover it looks amazing. you would think its an oem part but, for all of you that are getting one I'm sure you'll have your own opinion. I have my secretary making a list of the group buy guys to send theirs out and these customers also get an extra filter for free so. I will be posting up pictures and a list to make sure I do not forget anyone. :biggrin: P.S. center consoles are on the works SOS will be helping us launch this product once available :wink:

Sam, am I ever going to recieve my replacement cowl that you promised since mine has a nice scratch where the wiper blade mounts - Almost 6 months have gone by; you have to admit thats a long time.... Your orginal PM to me below...

Originally Posted by mdcfab
Hello I have been looking at our other hepa's and they are coming out pretty uniform so I am having one made for you and I will follow it through the production line and keep it as minimal thickness as possible. Did you want the clear coat lighter than what you got ???
let me know and we are making cover to cover up the filter when you wash it or if its raining really hard ?? any thing else I can do please let me know right away..

Last edited:
Does the cover stay on? or Do you just use it on a while washing the car and in bad weather?:confused:

CF or FRP?:confused:

I have the first set of ten Hepa covers with filter. that will ship out tomorrow and the other ten on Friday :biggrin:

Received my cover and filter but not my new replacement cowl that I was promised over 6 months ago. Maybe there is some sort of English language barrier that I can not overcome because it seems either I can't read and understand what was sent to me or there is something else going on - Let's see, I'm being ignored!!!

Great customer service, especially since I was the first person to pony up the cash for this new in development product last year... I guess the old saying, "good deeds don't go unpunished" applies to this transaction.... Hate to say this but there is another vendor on here that has received a lot of bad press about either not delivering said product or not replacing said product when issues arise. Use your imagination, although I have had great luck with that particular vendor on all transactions.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion... They can probably serve you much better if you phone them to check on this. The person you were speaking to at Downforce (Ben) is no longer with the company. They hired two new people since then, and they are really stand up customer-service oriented folk. They probably need a refresher to go over the history. You can also call ScienceofSpeed if you need help. Downforce is trying to focus more on manufacturing and I know SOS would be happy to help you out if you're having customer service issues. Good luck - I know they will do you right.

Just a suggestion... They can probably serve you much better if you phone them to check on this. The person you were speaking to at Downforce (Ben) is no longer with the company. They hired two new people since then, and they are really stand up customer-service oriented folk. They probably need a refresher to go over the history. You can also call ScienceofSpeed if you need help. Downforce is trying to focus more on manufacturing and I know SOS would be happy to help you out if you're having customer service issues. Good luck - I know they will do you right.

Appreciate the advise, considering that I have sent several PM's and called in the past with no resolution and generally no response I figured the next step would be here. I will take yor advise and contact SOS and see if Chris can help straighten this out, he seems to be a pretty straight up on the ball business man - It is disturbing that even if Ben is no longer available that the other DF employeed folks posting here would read my thread statements and at least respond with a PM or something.

Great products are one thing, but if they want to play the 100% transparent wholesaler game than that company shouldn't even post anything on the forum. SOS and others could therefore just sell their products and answer all question pertaining to them.

Hello Commander I apologize for not seeing this post but, I just noticed it. As far as bad customer service yes I do agree with you. The problem is I am converting this company into a manufacturing and development. So some customers have fallen through the cracks as we make these changes. a huge problem for us has always been the clear coat. I can proudly say we have an awesome painter that has met all of my expectations and can deliver as needed for my customers. Its a shame that customers end up paying the price for the growing pains. But, enough excuses If I recall we owe you a hepa with clear coat and absolutely no smoke in it ?? correct me if I am wrong?
if this is correct I can have one shipped within 5 days. One more note we will be posting up soon that Down Force is moving locations with in the next month or so.

Last edited:
Sam, your a good man. You are correct in regards to the hepa cowl with clear coat (not tinted). Would you like me to return the one I have to you after I recieve the replacement? Please PM me with your responses so we can keep this professional and between us, no need to congest Prime or this thread with further detail.

Thanks!

TS

Last edited:
Back