• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Clean-Air HEPA System

michl_moto - CF

Hi Ben,

it just came to my mind, what is the finish on the FRP version ?? is it black or do i have to paint ??

when i saw the black filter seat (looks like FRP and not CF), i was assuming the cowl will have the same finish (black) if ordered FRP. :confused:

Hi Ben,

it just came to my mind, what is the finish on the FRP version ?? is it black or do i have to paint ??

when i saw the black filter seat (looks like FRP and not CF), i was assuming the cowl will have the same finish (black) if ordered FRP. :confused:

This is correct. The FRP version will be black by default.

Quick question Ben, what about rain and washing the car. Will this affect or destroy the paper filter? Thanks, David.

If you pop your hood, and look at your cowl, you will see a vent on either side. The OEM design takes air into the blower in a similar manner. The hood sits over
the cowl, and protects it from water. We also designed the cowl to channel water away from the filter.

Bottom line is, no you will not have a problem with water. We designed this part with this is mind.

Ben

Ben, did I miss something? I thought you said you were not going to make a version without the wiper holes? If will manufacture one that way, I will make my requested Carbon Fiber version without the holes as well. michl_moto

Ben,
Payment sent for carbon fiber system with no wiper holes. I can't wait to see this thing, it is going to be a very nice piece!!!

Ben, did I miss something? I thought you said you were not going to make a version without the wiper holes? If will manufacture one that way, I will make my requested Carbon Fiber version without the holes as well. michl_moto

I can do no wiper holes. I think the confusion is because someone wanted one with no wiper holes, and no recess for the wiper motor/arms etc. That would require a completely different mold. If you do not want wiper holes, it actually saves us a step! :wink:

Hope that helps everyone understand.

I'm in for the frp version, thanks!
Trev in Canada!
I always wanted to do this myself but never find the time for all my hair brain inventions.
Thanks.
pm, on your way.

Bump for a payment reminder.

We will be shipping this week, and will be shipping to those who have already paid. If you have not made payment, or would like to give up your spot for someone on the reserve list, please let me know.

Ben

Ben, So since I am on the reserve list are you still waiting on others to pay? Or can I make the payment and you will ship mine? I wanted CF - no wiper holes.:biggrin:

Ben, So since I am on the reserve list are you still waiting on others to pay? Or can I make the payment and you will ship mine? I wanted CF - no wiper holes.:biggrin:

Well, I am going to wait until the day we start shipping (current ETA is Weds.), and then I will start letting people who make payment cut in line. :)

I've already started sending PM's to those who have no made payment yet. I have to try my best to be fair, but I am not going to hold up shipments! :smile:

I figured out which one was you Jon. Sorry, I had no idea you were a Prime member all this time! :tongue:

Just checking to see if the first batch shipped yet. Can't wait to see the finished product... Plus I cleaned 2 handfulls of leaves and dust out of my blower motor. Need that filter to keep 'er clean :smile:

Just checking to see if the first batch shipped yet. Can't wait to see the finished product... Plus I cleaned 2 handfulls of leaves and dust out of my blower motor. Need that filter to keep 'er clean :smile:

LOL. Did you find an easier way to clean that blower out? Think a vacuum was the best way for us.

We are finishing up the bag now. I am pushing for Monday. I'll get it done ASAP guys.

Ben

BTW, I was using the "2 handfulls" as a standard unit of measure not as a means of cleaning the blower itself :biggrin: :wink:

Back