Drift King NSX-R on Tsukuba Circuit

IsR

Experienced Member
I pretty sure this is not a repost. Did a search, hope you guy enjoy this.
A friend of mine told me of this vid. I believe he saw the DVD. His comment was how unbelievably quick the NSX-R revs up!
Tsuchiya really pushes the NSX-R on this vid.(He always does anyway:tongue:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wq19dW9y5Hg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wq19dW9y5Hg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5nJfF9X75E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5nJfF9X75E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
And the Best Motoring propaganda continues....

Every one of those cars has a power to weight ratio that is far in excess of an NSX-R.

And the Best Motoring propaganda continues....

Every one of those cars has a power to weight ratio that is far in excess of an NSX-R.

Propaganda? Maybe...

Power-to-weight ratio's better than the NSX-R? Yes.

Making a pass during a race? Not so easy....

Take the results with a grain of salt - the lap times speak for themselves if you want to compare power/handling.

Wow, that was fun to watch. :smile:

Power to weight issues aside, there's lots to be said for driver skill. Tsuchiya's awesome, and the fact he's driving a car he's completely familiar with helps a lot too.

Off-topic: is the wing on the NSX an OEM? The reason I ask is because the leading edges of the "legs" of the wing are shaped differently from every wing considered to be "exact copies" of the OEM Type R wing.

J

he changed wheel, suspension, exhaust. i didn't see other mods.
however, they didn't really drive aggresive with ferrari and porsche. seems having fun there.

not trying to jack the thread...but does anyone have a list of all the times made by the Stig driving different cars around the same track that Top Gear did? (I know I saw the episode and it was wet out when they drove the NSX-R) They did say it was a quick car.

The NSX-R had the second to last fastest time. GT3Rs with WIDE Michelin Pilot Sport Cups turned the slowest time. Ferrari had Perrelli street tires. NSX was driven well, GT3RS was driven poorly, and the battle betwee the GT2 and GTR was less than impressive with missing apexes, running wide, and having more fun than trying to go fast. You have to look at the big picture with some of these videos.

Cool car lineup though. I still wanna go out there and goof off with those guys in those cars too. But take the 'race' and corresponding performance of each car with a grain of salt.

Well, Stig drove the NSX-R and here's the time...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2DDufTLFz0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2DDufTLFz0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
he changed wheel, suspension, exhaust. i didn't see other mods.
however, they didn't really drive aggresive with ferrari and porsche. seems having fun there.

DK's NSX also has OS Giken LSD with 4.4 final drive, which is why the rev goes up do fast!

Off-topic: is the wing on the NSX an OEM? The reason I ask is because the leading edges of the "legs" of the wing are shaped differently from every wing considered to be "exact copies" of the OEM Type R wing.

J

from downforce's website

This is DF's own modified clean version of the NSX-R wing. The front leg knobs were cut off so the spoiler flows with the car. Nothing else on the wing was changed. Many people can not tell the difference between the original R design or DF. If you prefer the wing without the leg tips sticking out then this is the best choice.

from downforce's website

This is DF's own modified clean version of the NSX-R wing. The front leg knobs were cut off so the spoiler flows with the car. Nothing else on the wing was changed. Many people can not tell the difference between the original R design or DF. If you prefer the wing without the leg tips sticking out then this is the best choice.

I just installed a DF wing and the "legs" protrude farther forward than the OEM (obviously, non-NSX-R) wing. The OEM "legs" end at a 90-degree angle while the DF one ends in more of a rounded end.

Pause the video at 3:18-3:19. You can see the NSX-R's wing "Legs". They are there.

That is exactly what drew my attention to it. That wing ends just as the OEM (again, keep in mind it was a non-NSX-R) wing does. Meanwhile, DF's site says that they cut off the nub (which doesn't exist in this paused frame) "so the spoiler flows with the car", yet the wing I just got has the nubs.

BTW, sorry for the hi-jack. Should I start a new thread? Or maybe I should revive Billy's "*real* NSX-R wing" thread?:wink:

J

I just installed a DF wing and the "legs" protrude farther forward than the OEM (obviously, non-NSX-R) wing. The OEM "legs" end at a 90-degree angle while the DF one ends in more of a rounded end.

That is exactly what drew my attention to it. That wing ends just as the OEM (again, keep in mind it was a non-NSX-R) wing does. Meanwhile, DF's site says that they cut off the nub (which doesn't exist in this paused frame) "so the spoiler flows with the car", yet the wing I just got has the nubs.

BTW, sorry for the hi-jack. Should I start a new thread? Or maybe I should revive Billy's "*real* NSX-R wing" thread?:wink:

J
IMO the NSX-R in the video had the 'legs'/nubs of a real NSXR that protrude further than the stock NSX (or modified/cleaned up Downforce NSXR) wing.

Are you saying the NSX-R in the video isn't a real NSX-R?

I've been around a few genuine NSX-R wings, as well as the Spoon NSX-R GT. I found my conclusions about what the 'real' NSX-R wing looks like. From that video at 3:18, it does have the NSX-R legs/nubs.

IMO the NSX-R in the video had the 'legs'/nubs of a real NSXR that protrude further than the stock NSX (or modified/cleaned up Downforce NSXR) wing.

Are you saying the NSX-R in the video isn't a real NSX-R?

I've been around a few genuine NSX-R wings, as well as the Spoon NSX-R GT. I found my conclusions about what the 'real' NSX-R wing looks like. From that video at 3:18, it does have the NSX-R legs/nubs.

Hmmm... to me, it looks like the wing doesn't have the 'legs'/nubs. I by no means think it's not a real NSX-R in the video. Here are the "facts" that are confusing me:

1) DF says that the OEM NSX-R wing has the 'legs'/nubs and that they cleaned it up on their version but the DF wing I just bought has the 'legs'/nubs
2) Procar and DF both claim OEM "replica" design and both come with the 'legs'/nubs (contrary to what DF's website claims, according to my recent purchase)
3) the video (which I believe shows a real NSX-R wing on a real NSX-R) doesn't appear (to my eyes) to have the 'legs'/nubs though DF and Procar both have the 'legs'/nubs on their "replica" wings. How did two very geographically diverse companies develop the same exact 'legs'/nubs when they copied the NSX-R wing if the real one looks like it does in the attached thumbnail?

J

Attachments

• nsx-r wing.jpg
    nsx-r wing.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 166
Niether company has an exact copy of the original NSX-R. DF does a great job with the curvature of the wing, but sources a different wing break-light assembly (which I like more than the original NSX-R).

The legs on the DF wing differs slightly from the NSX-R. DF also offers a separate modified version of the NSX-R wing that dosn't have the 'legs' atall. They also offer the "NSX-R Replica" wing that has very similar, but not exactly the same, legs while again, having different brake lights.

The picture you have is blurry and is hard to make out the shape of the legs, but after watching the video 10+ times, it is easier to point out that the wing from the video does have the NSX-R legs.

he didnt look worried about over reving the nsx-r after 8200. no rev-limiter? didnt look like it effected him or the car.

Back