• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition Goes Racing.

Shad is de man! He is also a IKF Grand National Champion and IKF registered expert...he kicked butt last night! And puts together some great cars....

Car looks great Shad! Good luck on the racing and we hope you guys can make it to some Redline Time Attacks this year! Hopefully, next time we will give Billy all four wheels on the track instead of three:biggrin:

Car looks great Shad! Good luck on the racing and we hope you guys can make it to some Redline Time Attacks this year! Hopefully, next time we will give Billy all four wheels on the track instead of three:biggrin:

Mike,

Maybe we can make the Laguna Time Attack but it is to early to tell, Oh yea! by the way just 3 or your tires have more tread width on the ground than all 4 of my little Hoosier's and my 300RWHP less:eek:

Fronts 225/40/17
Rears 275/35/18

Steve

Re: Get the umbrella girls ready

The SF Region has a "Meet the Team" shindig at the Saturday happy hours. Just as it sounds, the team puts their car on display, stands around with a cold Rockstar or cool micro-brew and answers questions.

I think you guys are too dang :cool: pretty not to be that team at one of the races this year. Volunteer early while it's still easy to clean the rubber off the nose from all the backmarkers you'll be lapping. Team uniforms and everything. I can see it all now. :wink: When all the NSX'rs overrun the paddock, well, you get the picture........

Biobanker,I hope that we don't have those issues but the NSX is repairable but it just has a smaller volume of body men that have the knowledge to work on them. As far as why the NSX? You are correct. My NSX is about as far as anyone has taken one and still kept the full interior. It also handles pretty well as far as most around our area are concerned. But as I hope you will see @ NSXPO in Oregon, This car Shad built talks to you like no other vehicle I have ever driven. Consider the fact that with significantly less tire, 300+/- less RWHP, and a stock body that produces less downforce, and my first weekend in the car, it came within 3 tenths of a second of matching the Factor X beast with Billy Johnson (A REALLY GOOD DRIVER). He is far in excess of my talents, but my point is that Shad has done such a GREAT job of highlighting the cars talents that we were able to show what these cars are capable of with a rookie driver. Just my .02 cents

Kip Olson

A humble man indeed. Kip was my instructor at Thunderhill and after a couple laps in his 3.8L monster my neck pretty much felt like it was suffering from whiplash it had to work so hard to keep upright. I had no idea an NSX handled like that on the track. Steve's NSX (white twin turbo pictured) was a beauty to see in person, and sure hauled ass when Steve was gunning it.

Steve, Kip, you guys still remember the NSX sandwich you guys pulled? I'm sure the guy laid tracks of his own after that little session :biggrin:

Mike,

Maybe we can make the Laguna Time Attack but it is to early to tell, Oh yea! by the way just 3 or your tires have more tread width on the ground than all 4 of my little Hoosier's and my 300RWHP less:eek:

Fronts 225/40/17
Rears 275/35/18

Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately they cancelled the Redline at Laguna due to all of the issues teams were having with the Db limit. I hope they make the finals at a Norcal track but it is TBD at the moment. Btw, its alot more than 300rwhp less now:tongue: Were dumb drag racers that keep thinking more power will make us go faster:confused: In any case good luck out there and we hope you guys dominate the field!

Biobanker,I hope that we don't have those issues but the NSX is repairable but it just has a smaller volume of body men that have the knowledge to work on them. As far as why the NSX? You are correct. My NSX is about as far as anyone has taken one and still kept the full interior. It also handles pretty well as far as most around our area are concerned. But as I hope you will see @ NSXPO in Oregon, This car Shad built talks to you like no other vehicle I have ever driven. Consider the fact that with significantly less tire, 300+/- less RWHP, and a stock body that produces less downforce, and my first weekend in the car, it came within 3 tenths of a second of matching the Factor X beast with Billy Johnson (A REALLY GOOD DRIVER). He is far in excess of my talents, but my point is that Shad has done such a GREAT job of highlighting the cars talents that we were able to show what these cars are capable of with a rookie driver. Just my .02 cents

Kip Olson
Thanks Kip. You need to give yourself more credit, you are a great driver and it was a pleasure competing against you. We'll have to do it again soon.

Billy

Re: Driving Ambition or driving rain.

The true test will be can I follow for so long and go so slow for so long and if I am lucky I won't fall a sleep, I told him I would be fine.
No texting on track. My beady little eyes will be watching.

Bring your rains; it's always wet on the school weekend.

Yes, the NSX is as repairable as any other car but it will cost more to fix than most. Why build an NSX race car? #1 We love the NSX and #2 passing a Ferrari 430 challenge car with a 17 year old car. Priceless........Shad

From my experience, I feel Shad thinks like the Honda Engineers.....make it simple, efficient and reliable...and also kick a little ass. oh ya, Ayrton Sena did help tune it on the tracks…..this is why NSX is not for drag racing…it is for the track.

What Shad does, he finds what is already great about the NSX (engine/handling/build quality), and he can make it better…….and I don’t think he is the type that does the HP war, cause he doesn’t need to. (not that he can’t)……its all balance.

Speaking of Balance….from my many times with Kip and Steve in their Super Fast NSX…..that is what they preach, smooth balance, perfect controlled driving on the correct line will get you the fastest lap times. (also where the NSX shines)

I believe Steve and Kip knows what goes on their NSX at all times around the tracks.

This White NSX TT (Steve’s) that Shad built has been built for the race track…and like Kip said, it talks to you like no other, I have seen and felt this (from passenger seat)…I remember one of the first time Steve took it out when the cage was installed.. he mentioned to me, “this thing rides has if its on rails” once Kip and Steve masters this NSX, watch out.

Kip’s Red 3.5 CTCS w/Driving Ambition aftercooler….is the CLEANEST NSX you will ever see…his NSX is testimony for reliability and What Shad can put together with the best True Track tested aftermarket parts for an NSX and takes on the grueling abuse of many, many, many track days

If you are lucky enough to get your NSX worked on by Driving Ambition, Or time with Kip and Steve……DO IT!

Take care
Lito

ha! check the join date. I've been on here for a long time. Just don't read that often.

Steve's car is a LOT of fun :D It will be great racing him in ITE.

Re: He's created a monster

Why build an NSX race car? #1 We love the NSX and #2 passing a Ferrari 430 challenge car with a 17 year old car. Priceless........Shad
That is such a shameless lie. :tongue: Watching Kip just about drool on himself this weekend, I thought, "As remarkable as the car is, it's nothing compared to what Shad has done rewiring Kip's brain. Absolutely manical." :eek:

What was that Steppenwolf song about the pusher?

{Sigh} And he was such a nice boy too.

Update,
We ran the SFR SCCA novice school this weekend Kip, Steve, and Igor passed with no problem. Igor rented an very nice :biggrin: RX7 to run the school and get his novice license. I have never seen an RX7 scream for mercy before like this one did. They had a couple of practice race events late Sunday they looked like Miata cup events. They made Kip and Steve start at the end of both races. I think just to see how many Miata's they could pass on the first lap. Kip started 27th in one group and was 9th by the end of the first lap and was leading by the end of the second lap. Both Kip and Steve lapped everyone in there race groups. The first event is the end of this month at Sears Point where we will hopefully not get beaten to badly by Rylan in his S2K (I also do the tuning on Ry's car so it would not bother me too much) or some of the fast corvette's. The next step is all of the race prep and install the fuel cell that we have to run in the car for the SP class.
Cheers, Shad
DSC09060small.jpg

DSC09067small.jpg

DSC09075small.jpg

DSC09082small.jpg

DSC09094small.jpg

WOW!!! Car looks awesome. Great job on the cage. Glad things went well during the 1st wknd.

GL guys and may the force be with you!

Back