• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving an NSX (especially if lowered) around Houston roads?

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in purchasing an NSX and was wondering how it would be to daily drive it in Houston. I'm from Atlanta, where the roads, in my opinion, are generally much nicer (smooth blacktop asphalt, roads repaved frequently except for certain spots in downtown, non-inclined entrances). Especially since a lot of the entrances to businesses/shopping centers in Houston have inclined entrances (I'm guessing due to flooding), I was wondering how comfortable you guys are driving your NSX's around town, especially if lowered. I would be afraid to ding up that aluminum chassis. I currently have an Acura CL-S lowered on coilovers and have to be mindful of the steeper entrances. I occasionally scrape my bumper/subframe if I can't angle in/out of the entrance, but I would never want to do that if I bought an NSX.

Thanks.

It's a sacrifice we choose to make, I drive into Houston from time to time but if I lived there I probably wouldn't go as low as I do. You can always remove the front lip to give yourself a better approach angle and still be able to keep the car lowered, but you can forget the crazy racing front splitters, etc in Houston if you expect to keep it from scraping all over the place. You'll have to find the right combination that works for you, and adjustable coilovers will also give you the range and flexibility you need to adjust accordingly.

Lived in Houston for most of my life. I wouldn't worry too much unless you plan to live / visit uptown often. Definitely watch out for holes in the road, not potholes, holes. Now California... they've got it rough with crazy steep inclines into businesses.

Doesn't sound as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting some horror stories. Front lip scraping isn't a huge deal I don't think, because they're replaceable and not too expensive. Do you guys scrape the sideskirts or frame?

Why not keep the CL-S as a daily? Put it back on stock springs.

Back