• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dupont Registery magazine listing

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys was a local super market and saw an ad for an 2002 NSX with 6800 miles asking price was 90K are we really getting up there in price

I mean for 90K you can get a used used F-car, or a used F-type Jag that's supercharged.

are they really going to be this collectable?

chime in wanna hear some thoughts before I sell my prize.

I would love the 2014 F-type jag rear wheel drive V8, a buddy of mine has one let me borrow it for 2 weeks was very fun to drive.

I think they will be that collectible, but I don't think they are quite there yet. Some more desirable colors maybe getting there though. A lot of the high priced low mileage car's have been on the market for awhile, but a clean LBBP or Imola have sold within a day or two of being list.

Still some insane pricing out there, but if you want a really low mileage NSX you only have so many options.
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2005/acura/nsx/1322329

Last edited:
Putting aside the fact that any NSX are RARE (just like Arista5's license plate say). Then the price is all about the demand of rare color, low miles, condition, number of owners, etc. Sure you can buy a lot of other cars for $90k but how many perfect or close to perfect NSX will you be able to identify? Forget about the non-primer, even within NSXPrime, there are only a handful of so call RARE NSX left. I've been putting off my sale since I only owned my car for 2 years and only driven 2000 miles and put in a tons of love. I just can't see myself without my NSX, ever. Just my 2 cents.

Don't know about future values. But I do know that I rarely, if ever, see another one on the road. I just did a day trip to the Outer Banks NC, and for sure never saw another NSX. Saw lots of Corvettes, Porsches, Maserati's etc along the way - but I haven't seen another NSX on the roads around here (Virginia Beach area) in over a year. Every time I take her out I get complimentary comments - at car shows - everywhere. So, I think the great condition ones will certainly continue to appreciate - but I just can't see letting it go for any price. Best automobile I've ever owned. Jay

For sure all NSXs are rare. Only 18 to 19K produced in total. And like any collectable car, the economy, mileage, condition and documentation will affect value. But, also remember that the next generation of car collectors is filtering into the market as well. These are the folks that grew up with the Japanese cars as part of their youth. They are now becoming of age in the workforce and have the money to buy the cars they lusted over in video games.

I think they will be that collectible, but I don't think they are quite there yet. Some more desirable colors maybe getting there though. A lot of the high priced low mileage car's have been on the market for awhile, but a clean LBBP or Imola have sold within a day or two of being list.

Still some insane pricing out there, but if you want a really low mileage NSX you only have so many options.
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2005/acura/nsx/1322329

I get the rarity and low mileage factors with this one ^ But for 129K I expect at least two keys!d

And what do you do with an NSX that only has 3000 miles on the odo? Drive it, oh, say 5000 miles and you knock over 30K off the value. So what DO you do? Why, you put it in a museum and watch it depreciate. At least that's what I've seen for cars coming to auction from museums lately.

Guys was a local super market and saw an ad for an 2002 NSX with 6800 miles asking price was 90K are we really getting up there in price

I mean for 90K you can get a used used F-car, or a used F-type Jag that's supercharged.

are they really going to be this collectable?

chime in wanna hear some thoughts before I sell my prize.

I would love the 2014 F-type jag rear wheel drive V8, a buddy of mine has one let me borrow it for 2 weeks was very fun to drive.

Don' t ... Do... It... You can always borrow my jag...

:)

What I love most about the car (and things in general) is their uniqueness and rarity. You see Porches and Corvettes all the time, but the NSX... Same reason I like the McClaren, looks awesome and people are not quite sure what it is.

I feel the import collector car market will probably take the place of pony/muscle car collector market here in the next few years. I think we may be surprised to see what the prices of these and other cars will fetch price wise, as my generation gets into their wealthier years and have disposable income. You can already see the uptick in certain cars, E30 M3, Supra, NSX, Porsche 993, Integra type R etc... I believe you will continue to see a rise in these and more as people start to seek them out and then realize the original production numbers combined with the clean vs salvage numbers and what is still on the road in general. Of course there is a ceiling but with low production numbers and being a reliable car that was able to be driven everyday I think you will still see healthy sale numbers for cars with relatively high miles.

I feel the import collector car market will probably take the place of pony/muscle car collector market here in the next few years...

I think it would be more accurate to say that import collector car market will join the pony/muscle car collector market, just as the pony/muscle car market joined the hobby once dominated by antiques and vintage sports cars. I assume you are talking about the Japanese import collector car market, specifically, as a number of models from Europe have been collectible for decades.

I think it would be more accurate to say that import collector car market will join the pony/muscle car collector market, just as the pony/muscle car market joined the hobby once dominated by antiques and vintage sports cars. I assume you are talking about the Japanese import collector car market, specifically, as a number of models from Europe have been collectible for decades.

Yes I am speaking mostly of the Japanese market but used import to refer more into the realm of the E30 M3, Mercedes 190 etc.....cars that were never thought to be collected or valued as were the 930 turbos, Ferraris etc... Cars that fit more of the mold in BTCC race bred street cars.

Back