• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Recomendations

Hello,

Planning to install a CTSC in the summer.

Question: Should I dyno my car now prior to installation to understand what the out put is without the CTSC?

Question: Are there different dyno's out there I should use for the best results?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would recommend you put your car on the dyno before installing the CTSC for two reasons. The first, less important, reason is so you'll know the baseline and can know how well the supercharger improved things. The more important reason, in my opinion, is to make sure of the health of your engine and the supporting components, in particular the fuel pump. If the engine is abnormally down on power, then you should investigate why, perhaps a compression check, etc. If you find that your stock engine is running lean at any point through the rev range, then you know your fuel pump isn't as healthy as it was in its heyday. So replace it because it's going to be worse when the CTSC system is trying to overwork it. Before I put on my SC, I dyno'd my car and found the AFR was leaning out around 4800rpm right before the fuel pump relay kicks in to bypass the fuel pump resistor. So that told me my 19 year old original pump wasn't up to snuff.

There are different dynos and some read higher than others. The only important thing is to use the same one for pre- and post- SC install if you want a meaningful comparison.

100% agree
Health, baseline, same dyno
I would recommend you put your car on the dyno before installing the CTSC for two reasons. The first, less important, reason is so you'll know the baseline and can know how well the supercharger improved things. The more important reason, in my opinion, is to make sure of the health of your engine and the supporting components, in particular the fuel pump. If the engine is abnormally down on power, then you should investigate why, perhaps a compression check, etc. If you find that your stock engine is running lean at any point through the rev range, then you know your fuel pump isn't as healthy as it was in its heyday. So replace it because it's going to be worse when the CTSC system is trying to overwork it. Before I put on my SC, I dyno'd my car and found the AFR was leaning out around 4800rpm right before the fuel pump relay kicks in to bypass the fuel pump resistor. So that told me my 19 year old original pump wasn't up to snuff.

There are different dynos and some read higher than others. The only important thing is to use the same one for pre- and post- SC install if you want a meaningful comparison.

Good advice there. I would also add that you should try and dyno it when the weather conditions are similar. Ie. Don't dyno it now for your baseline and then put your blower on in 4 months when it is 100 degrees outside vs 65 degrees for the first dyno.

I would probably replace the fuel pump anyway for safety.

Thanks for for the advice. I will definitely plan to dyno the car to evaluate the engine then perform any needed adjustments then install the CTSC then reassess the final results. I will post results after install.

Back