• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Dyno Tuning... need some questions answered

im looking to have jeff evans tune my nsx. however, i have the following questions.

i have a 3.2L ctsc'd.

1. where can i get test pipes to match the comptech headers and comptech exhaust? i need the same id as the exhaust and headers so it will be a perfect match in flow.

2. for those people running ctsc also, how are you calculating how many psi you are under? as far as im aware, it does not have a port to fit in a boost gauge.

im looking to have jeff evans tune my nsx. however, i have the following questions.

i have a 3.2L ctsc'd.

1. where can i get test pipes to match the comptech headers and comptech exhaust? i need the same id as the exhaust and headers so it will be a perfect match in flow.

2. for those people running ctsc also, how are you calculating how many psi you are under? as far as im aware, it does not have a port to fit in a boost gauge.

I have some test pipes for sale here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109032

These are for a 1991-1994. You have a 3.2L so I assume the factory exhaust system is different. If you have Comptech headers and exhaust, then maybe there are adapter pipes that you can remove to fit test pipes? I'm not sure.

You may still have an issue with OBD2 though if the ECU doesn't "see" the CATs making a difference between the upstream and downstream O2 sensors. If you have an aftermarket engine management system, that might not be a problem? I'm sure others can chime in here.

If you just want to match the 2.25" diameter piping, you may have to open up the wallet and get some Random Technology or Prospeed Hi Flow Cats.

Last edited:
Make sure when you take it to him he remembers to set the parameter in the AEM for outside temperature to -999 degrees or you wont be able to start your car @ 32 degrees. And I wouldn't leave the car there either. I made that mistake and picked up my car with hail damage that he tried to blame on flatbed truck.As it turned out there was a freak hail storm last August that was proven by local weather reports 2 days after car arrived. Act of God yes,but I was assured by Jeff that the car would remain inside at all times, plus it was sent there with a cover.So at the end of the day I had to pay $750 deductible for my insurance, $100 to a local shop to adjust out the fuel pump voltage cutout in the AEM and alot of Zainos detail spray cause it was so pig rich it coated the bumper every time I drove it. Better yet.......find a different tuner:mad:

seems like jeff evans does not tune the aem fic

any other tuners in the tristate thats in jeffs league

Its funny, I have nothing but praise for him personally. He built my S2000 Turbo for me and was as reliable as stock. 400 horsepower and just amazing. Im cant vouch for his NSX skills.

ThumbsUp for Jeff Evan's, tuning some of the fastest 4cyl honda engines today.......We should install four cylinders and make some real power huh? j/k lol

Toni at UMS is great with the AEM...tempe AZ though....just a thought.

Last edited:
Back