• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

E-55 AMG Vs. NSX CTSC

I have seen you use say this story before, nothing to be proud of dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_550

Performance
The 550 Maranello can accelerate to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.2 seconds and can reach 161 kilometres per hour (100 mph) in 10.5 seconds. The ¼ mile (0.4 km) time is 13.1 seconds and the top speed is 320.3 kilometers per hour (199.0 mph).

13.1 for a 1/4 isn't that great its not that fast.

He does 0-100 in 10.5 seconds. Last I checked that blows away my 3.0 NSX lol. We were just stoplight closed course drag racing from light to light. It was during our colorado nsx meet on the way up to the mountains.

That car did handle like no other though. I had a hard time shaking him through the corners at 130+. The electronics in that car does ALOT for it. Think I did rather well being outgunned by over 200 hp.

Last edited:
He does 0-100 in 10.5 seconds. Last I checked that blows away my 3.0 NSX lol. We were just stoplight closed course drag racing from light to light. It was during our colorado nsx meet on the way up to the mountains.

That car did handle like no other though. I had a hard time shaking him through the corners at 130+. The electronics in that car does ALOT for it. Think I did rather well being outgunned by over 200 hp.

Ferrari 550
13.1 seconds for 1/4 of a mile

not that hot for such a car... that fast

NSX does 13 something as well

You know what the difference between a porcupine and an E55 amg? The porcupine has pricks on the outside...:redface:

:tongue:

Its all in good fun, besides your mom's E55 AMG is currently my favorite Merc. Except I would've gotten it in black. Yum.

totally off topic , kinda but e-55 amgs didnt come in manual right?

so end this thread... auto is fail ;)

i mean seriously.. a lot of HIGH end luxury sedans are getting fast . S65 ISF etc ... but woohoo thats so..fun...NOT

take this to the track or something.

Last edited:
the lowenharts are BAAAAAAAD:eek:

but thats too much for an 03 with 60k, unless he drops the price 6 g's selling with the stock wheels thn it would be a steal.

Just picked up that car for $31k with the wheels. This thing is in perfect condition. You would never think it had 64k miles on it. Wow. The torque on this thing is unreal!

The E55 and SL55 always has been one of my favorite. Congratulations with the purchase.

so end this thread... auto is fail ;)

i mean seriously.. a lot of HIGH end luxury sedans are getting fast . S65 ISF etc ... but woohoo thats so..fun...NOT

take this to the track or something.
Lexus ISF 8 speed automatic, 997 Turbo Tiptronic, etc. The newer generaton automatics is significantly more efficient, gets better gas mileage than manual, and faster acceleration than manual. Example 1, example 2

Additional reads

A lot of newer automatics up and down shifts in less than 100 milliseconds, blip throttle and perform perfect rev matching down shifts. Only thing I don't like these automatics is that I don't know what gears I am in if I don't pay attention. In a manual transmission car, I always know. In some cases the auto tranny only weights 11 lbs heavier than manual counter parts.

Last edited:
The E55 and SL55 always has been one of my favorite. Congratulations with the purchase.

Lexus ISF 8 speed automatic, 997 Turbo Tiptronic, etc. The newer generaton automatics is significantly more efficient, gets better gas mileage than manual, and faster acceleration than manual. Example 1, example 2

Additional reads

A lot of newer automatics up and down shifts in less than 100 milliseconds, blip throttle and perform perfect rev matching down shifts. Only thing I don't like these automatics is that I don't know what gears I am in if I don't pay attention. In a manual transmission car, I always know. In some cases the auto tranny only weights 11 lbs heavier than manual counter parts.

i understand, new automatics are precise to the dime... can shift faster then "humans"

but seriously... how boring would it be , just imagine "press gas, press brakes"
for a sports car, i can understand daily drivers like a SUV or whatnot because it being convenient

id say enjoying my car would be me manually putting it into gear and knowing how to drive my own car. just my .02

if you consider those heavy pigs sexy and love how smooth and efficient the new auto trannys are then you are definitely on the wrong forum preaching to a wrong crowd. no love here.

if you consider those heavy pigs sexy and love how smooth and efficient the new auto trannys are then you are definitely on the wrong forum preaching to a wrong crowd. no love here.

I do! No preaching really though. I don't think the E55 is a better car than the NSX, but it's a great 2nd car to have. Completely different and awesome in different ways.

Here's a pic. I really love this car. I'm so glad I got it.

CIMG6112.JPG

This is a car enthusiast forum. We are not supposed to enjoy or discuss other cars? That is new to me. I presume NSX owners have an open mind.:confused:

There is no preaching on my post, at least none intended, merely just providing actual fact for the post that I felt unjustified.

IMHO what you said is on the same class as someone on Mercedes forums who knows very little about NSX and call nsx overpriced, underpowered slow POS. As you can see this is an example of unjustified comment.

i understand, new automatics are precise to the dime... can shift faster then "humans"

id say enjoying my car would be me manually putting it into gear and knowing how to drive my own car. just my .02
That is your opinion, and I respect that, drive and experience more cars will help open up your mind. Ferrari Challenge Stradale, F430 Scuderia don't come with a clutch pedal either. I love shifting on my NSX, but shifting with fingers are different kind of fun. I would not want to do without either.

Last edited:
This is a car enthusiast forum. We are not supposed to enjoy or discuss other cars? That is new to me. I presume NSX owners have an open mind.:confused:

IMHO what you said is on the same class as someone on Mercedes forums who knows very little about NSX and call nsx overpriced, underpowered slow POS. As you can see this is an example of unjustified comment.

i guess it is a good thing this is not a mercedes forum....
i worked for benz for years (unfortunately) and i am yet to find a car with more of a vague steering and general couch-like driving behavior. i am glad you like the car, thats why it is your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do! No preaching really though. I don't think the E55 is a better car than the NSX, but it's a great 2nd car to have. Completely different and awesome in different ways.

Here's a pic. I really love this car. I'm so glad I got it.

I love your ride. Very sweet. I wanted to get an E55, but the gas mileage has turned me off. I still want to drive one someday.

thats why it is your car.
That is not my car:smile:, I just appreciate a car for what it is and acknowledging areas that it does well.
My heavy pig that weights 400lbs over a later model NSX is a tad quicker than E55 and handles better, not as fun to drive as my NSX though:redface:

That is not my car:smile:, I just appreciate a car for what it is and acknowledging areas that it does well.
My heavy pig that weights 400lbs over a later model NSX is a tad quicker than E55 and handles better, not as fun to drive as my NSX though:redface:

What is the +JB3 on your sig for the 335i?

Back