• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

E-mail disaster!

Wondering if anyone out there can help or offer any advice?

I recently went into Outlook to compose a message since my Yahoo e-mail can't add a .wav file to an attachment. Now, somehow all my Yahoo Inbox messages got transferred over to Outlook inbox. All my sent files remain on Yahoo. There doesn't seem to be any lost messages Help! I can't and don't want to have two separate e-mail scripts running. How can I get all my messages back into Yahoo and make that the default e-mail again? Is there some setting required? I tried a Google search and found nothing that helped. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Most likely you had your Outlook configured to access your Yahoo! account via POP, and somehow the "leave messages on server" option in Outlook got unchecked, compelling Outlook to download and delete everything from your Yahoo account.

So how can you fix it? I don't think you can. I don't know of any easy way of getting email back on to Yahoo. You should check the setting above to make sure that future mail stays on Yahoo, but for email that has been downloaded to Outlook you may have to resign yourself to having it on Outlook only.

It's been a while since I switched over to Macs, so my memory might be fuzzy, but...

In Outlook in "Connections" or "Tools" you should be able to set it to not download messages automatically from the server.

Forward or send all the emails to yourself (from Outlook).

Download them into your Yahoo mail.

Now, to make Yahoo your default Email program, you should be able to click "Start", then "Control Panel", then "internet" or "Internet options".

Click "programs", then "email". You should be able to set Yahoo up as default there.

This does get all the mail back into the Yahoo account, but it loses the history of the emails. All the email will be from the OP, and not the original sender.

I think that if you forward them, the chain remains. While he will not be able to use the "Reply" button, the original sender address should be easily accessible in the body of the mail, or he can just hit "reply to all" and suffer through receiving another email (from himself)

Auuuggggh .....

Sounds like the dreaded call to tech support to someone in Wackistan .. :eek:

Hope someone here has the knowledge to keep ya from making that call. :redface:

Back