• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eat Your Heart Out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1807209176

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It was reposted and I got lucky and snagged it. Looking forward to closing the deal soon!

I already had it all worked out prior to bidding. There are enough extra bits around to get the job done.

Strange turnaround from the last time the unit was bid on. It went up to $2800 I think... which was ridiculous since it's less than 2K retail from Whipple. The last winner didn't pay so it was relisted. I was ready to go up to 1.2-1.3K and placed my MAX bid, but nobody was willing to go that high.

I'm waiting for the seller to call me. Hopefully all works out well, he's an honest guy and we can close the deal.
In case not, some of you guys know exactly how long it takes me to get full info from an email address.
smile.gif

That is an awesome deal, Let us know how it

turns out..$1000 bucks for a supercharger =)

just be carefull as the seller does not have

any prior feedbacks. I got rip at ebay at

once since then I started checking for

feedbacks prior to bidding.

enjoy..

It will still cost me more for the rest of the parts, but it will still end up being much less.

I actually wrote back and forth with the seller during his first auction and gave him some info. The last winner did not want to pay because he realized he couldn't put the rest of the kit together. Personally, I think he is better off that I won, because there are probably not many who actually could put the rest together. Most bid without knowledge of this. At least he already knows I will be able to use it and I won't give him any hell later.

I can get a person's full address, phone and all other info if I need to. Whenever I win on ebay, I always make sure the seller knows this before I send my money (in a friendly way). It's a little insurance for me to keep from getting ripped off.

I used to take the initiative and call them up on their personal phone soon afterward, but I stopped. It was freaking them out.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 03 March 2002).]

Iyla so what do you think it will cost you for the extra parts and the install.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I wish I could quote pricing, but I don't know for sure and am not supposed to. I have a good thing going and don't want to mess it up. I'll be happy to give details when it's all said and done. In addition, I may do a few things that will end up costing me more such as 9psi option and better fuel management.

First things first. I still have to hear from the seller and get that unit in my hands. Once I have it, then I can start getting excited. I'd hate to get too excited and then have the seller back out for some reason. I would be very disappointed.

Good luck on the project I would love that thing bolted behind my Shoulder.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I think there are a couple spares at the shop. It seems like there are spares for everything there... probably due to all the race prep. They are doing some pretty wild stuff for the upcoming OTC, but I don't know deatils.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a couple sets of everything in case something on the race car breaks. I do know they have all the parts I need to put it together including the intake manifold. I don't think he would dip into his spare stuff for everyone as it is limited, but I've been a very good customer for a while and he knows how much I'd love to put one together.
We also may try a few new things with it as well that have not been unveiled yet. I'm pretty excited about some of the things I've seen, but have been sworn to silence... for now.
You know me and my big mouth. I have to work to keep it secret, but I'll spill all the details when I have the OK. He'll probably show it at one of the next meetings.

These are great times with all the new stuff being unveiled by so many vendors. I feel like a kid in a candy store... that just ran out of money.
eek.gif

BTW- Is the NSXClassifieds not updated any more? I used to check it every day for new posts, but it's been a couple weeks since I've seen anything posted? That was the best place to find used NSX stuff.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 03 March 2002).]

Originally posted by ilya:
lol. very funny.
Seriously... I still can't figure out what that is.
confused.gif

If I am not mistaken, it's suppose to be an air intake enhancer, speeding up the air through the air filter ..... seen ads on TV .........

Originally posted by Hrant:
If I am not mistaken, it's suppose to be an air intake enhancer, speeding up the air through the air filter ..... seen ads on TV .........

If anyone wants one of these ESPECIALLY made for an NSX, I have one in the shop now. It comes complete with an NSX #3 piston, to which it stuck when it blew out of the intake and into the engine. NO, I did not install it. I removed it, complete with engine, awaiting rebuild. The customer who installed it did so behind a Bell TTkit, and the turbos REALLY blew this thing deep into the motor. I can not believe anyone can do something like this, or believe that you can buy something for 69.00 that would do what it is advertised to do. People!!!!

MB

Back