• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ebay listing - how can this be real?

WTF, I don't get it. Looks like BS to me.

Jus looked again. Total BS. The guy has absolutely not history to speak of. I don't even see how he has the right to sell a car on EwwwBay.

Yet another Scam.
But only 30 minutes from me, so I decided to play.
Will let you know the type of scam when he contacts me.
The seller probably wont call or write. The add will just go up in smoke.
But for now I am the high bidder! WOO HOO! LOL LOL

Nuts, I have been out bid!
I guess the other 2 bidders thought something magic
would happen when the price got to $15k. :wink:
I mean that is what he is looking for, with free shipping included?
Maybe its not a scam? And it really is the guys 1st auction?
But I doubt it! No reserve? No Buy it now price?
This one seems Fishy. :rolleyes:

Now that the original is posted, I can see it was a scam. But how was it so obvious before? By starting with a low initial price, you don't have to pay as much to eBay, and for some reason people don't like reserve auctions as much. Plus, as many dealerships do, you can cancel your auction whenever you like if the price doesn't get high enough. The only thing that tipped me off was that the auction was done in a dealer style format, but the seller appeared to be a private person with no feedback.

The stupid christmas stuff is par for the course on eBay.

edit- "THE PRICE THAT I WANT FOR THIS CAR IS ONLY 15000 USD.
THE SHIPPING IS FREE IN UNITED STATES AND CANADA. THANK YOU. BOB MINEGAR"

Ahhhhhhh....... doh!

It pisses me off to see scams like this. Hopefully no one is gullible enough to send money in advance.

This guy should be shot. :mad:

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 4566499812

Item Title - Acura : NSX

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue recouping your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment 3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department 4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram) 5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Hey its still for sale!
Got this letter this afternoon!
This guy will get his, if not now, later.

(BTW, I told him I would take it. COD.)

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Sorry for delay.
I received your email regarding my car.
First i want you to know that for the moment i'm in England for a special reason.My cousin just died in a tragic car accident, and my real duty is to sell all he owned here, his house and this car.
The car is in perfect condition.It has a title clear wich you will recive along with car and two rows of keys.I forgot to tell you that the shipping is free if you pay the amount that i asked.The buy it now price is $15000 USD, and i want a deposit of 5000$ in the same day that you`ll reveive the car.
The car is in perfect condition,with no scraches on it,no dammage.
Shipping will be done via DAS and will take no more then 8-10 days.
It is made for US market and has US specs on it (speedometer in miles).
The buyer will receive this along with all papers and recipts that he needs
to register it in his name.He will receive the TITLE,keys,owner manual...
Regarding the payment i will like to use eBay security transaction like a 3`rd party to our deal.
If you really want to buy the car please get back to me, I will need your shipping address,your full name, and your eBay user id, so i can send it to eBay and start the process.
Best Regards

That NSX is really nice.... I saw it sell at the auction and it was virtually flawless.

Accordingly said:
By starting with a low initial price, you don't have to pay as much to eBay
That's true of the insertion fee, but not true of the final value fee, which would be the bulk of the eBay charges for a high-dollar item. Assuming this were a real auction by a real seller. ;)

Ebay's fees are shown here.

I'm sorry if I messed with ya'lls fun, but I believe I ended this guy's privileges. As many of you know, there was a legit seller of the same car, so I sent him the eBay link to this bogus one, and told them I think someone else is selling his car. Just a song later, the bogus seller has been banned. I was just curious what the legit guy would do (I think he was a dealer). I guess I know now.

David.

Back