• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

edmunds ranks NSX as the greatest V6-powered car ever

I don't think they are into bling. They are looking for originality first, performance second. Those "crappy" wheels are lightweight and strong. Why change them?

They are not going to mod the car guys.

Because they look like crap, and a simple wheel swap makes the car look great instead of dated.

Because they look like crap, and a simple wheel swap makes the car look great instead of dated.

Well that is personal taste, some like the originality. That's what this article is about. If they start modifying every car then the test is something else alltogether. Nevermind that most aftermarket wheels will make the car perform worse. I hope they are running on the right tires and the original 1991 alignment specs. That's more important than mods.

Well that is personal taste, some like the originality. That's what this article is about. If they start modifying every car then the test is something else alltogether. Nevermind that most aftermarket wheels will make the car perform worse. I hope they are running on the right tires and the original 1991 alignment specs. That's more important than mods.

Then at least put on a set of 94 wheels or better yet the 2002.

I think there is some sorta Honda marketing thing going on with the press to generate interest in the brand. Perhaps they are paving the road for the market to get ready for the HSC. ;)

Agreed. Things like this rarely happen by chance. I smell marketing money.

Only two things can remind me of why I bought my '91 6 years ago, driving it and reading an article like this.

#1 and #2 cars are right on in my unbiased opinion. Well, both cars just happen to be sitting in my garage. :smile::wink::smile:

That is the garage I would love to have. When I saw that that Grand National was number two, I stopped my wife from eating her dinner and said, 'HA!! I told you the Grand National was awesome! I need one,' and she was not amused. :D

I have been trying to get her to give me the green light to buy a Grand National for almost 8 years now, and she still says I am an idiot for asking. I don't care. I love those, and will have one.

I don't think they are into bling. They are looking for originality first, performance second. Those "crappy" wheels are lightweight and strong. Why change them?

They are not going to mod the car guys.

I love those original wheels, and have been trying to find a mint set for years. The problems is that so many people use them as track wheels, finding a mint, un-restored set, is actually difficult.

I've had my Grand National since 1989; truly awesome straight line performance... but I love the body lines and handling of my NSX!
Every primer needs to have one of each of these cars in their garage!

I was kind of surprised to learn the stock GN dyno'd out at 208hp.
I drove an '87 and it could burn rubber from 0-60mph.

I was kind of surprised to learn the stock GN dyno'd out at 208hp.
I drove an '87 and it could burn rubber from 0-60mph.

208hp at the wheels is about right for 245hp at the crank.

But yeah, those GN's ran strong. I had an '89 5 liter mustang back when Buick came out with the 245hp engine. I know they were quicker than a Mustang but I live in Phoenix, and found I could beat them on a hot day; I guess the Buick ecu dialed back the boost to prevent detonation. I took full advantage of this.
The GN looked better, but I always preferred the Turbo T-type for its sleeper look. Great engine.

Hate to say it but the Mustang v6 is a 305hp killer. Even at 3800lbs it is quicker then any stock NSX. Now when it comes to in line--think Porsche 944TurboS---they are light and faster then 911--928s4s--and handle like a gocart. OK now, be nice__________________. Speed and performance the NSX is getting dated----looks---still the coolest out there.

Hate to say it but the Mustang v6 is a 305hp killer. Even at 3800lbs it is quicker then any stock NSX. Now when it comes to in line--think Porsche 944TurboS---they are light and faster then 911--928s4s--and handle like a gocart. OK now, be nice__________________. Speed and performance the NSX is getting dated----looks---still the coolest out there.

Don't think a stock NA2 would have much problem with a v6 mustang. :eek:

If anything, i would think its other way around. Looks----getting dated, speed and performance( ie the sensation of driving a sports car)---still the coolest out there.

why are people shocked? The nsx motor is na. Alot of the other motors being compared, loathed, lusted after have a turbo or two connected to them. The nsx takes alot of heat for not having 350-400 hp out of the box.

why are people shocked? The nsx motor is na. Alot of the other motors being compared, loathed, lusted after have a turbo or two connected to them. The nsx takes alot of heat for not having 350-400 hp out of the box.

Yep, it sure does.

from above:

still the coolest out there.

944's might be inline but they're four cylinders.

I love those original wheels, and have been trying to find a mint set for years. The problems is that so many people use them as track wheels, finding a mint, un-restored set, is actually difficult.

Why not restore an original set?

So the V6 Mustang does 0-60 in less than 4.8 and a 1/4 in less than 12.8? Also goes faster than 172 mph? Those are stock C32 3.2 numbers btw.

Oscar

Back