• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

EGR valve delete, whos done it?

Ok I'm not having EGR issues, but, I'm curious if it's really necassary. Way back I deleted my PCV valve and am running nice open filters on each VC. Since I have checked my TB on accasion and will say it looks brand new, no gunk build up, thus no gunk going down my intake. Would installing a block plate inhance/affect the running of my engine?

We did it on our shop car. Really only did it because the EGR was original and had 187k miles. It looked pretty nasty. I read all kinds of advantages and disadvantages online with a google search. Nothing proved me right or wrong but mine runs great without it. No issue in any form of startup or running.

^ did you remove it while using the OEM ECU ?? i read that if we removed the EGR, the ECU would throw a code.

Thanks,
Nuno

It will if you remove it. The ecu looks at the valve position. I think Source One is taking about leaving the egr but blocking off the passageway (correct me if I'm wrong Brian).

I was considering removing it but now that you've mentioned it, it would likely throw a code if a connector was unplugged. My MR2 did not have any electrical connectors so I got no code when I removed/blocked it off.

I did the EGR valve delete. I used a kit made by SOS for removing the EGR.
I also did extensive mods with my delete, including removal of the very dirty EGR passages on the top of the intake manifold. I welded the holes in each runner.
I have an AEM and the car runs fine.

>

It will if you remove it. The ecu looks at the valve position. I think Source One is taking about leaving the egr but blocking off the passageway (correct me if I'm wrong Brian).

No we totally removed it using SOS block plates. Not on stock ECU, I am on AEM EMS

I did the EGR valve delete. I used a kit made by SOS for removing the EGR.
I also did extensive mods with my delete, including removal of the very dirty EGR passages on the top of the intake manifold. I welded the holes in each runner.
I have an AEM and the car runs fine.

>

This is what we did also. Deleted all the butterflies etc.

Back