• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach and Test pipes...

Being installed by AOB as I type this message. I was a bit shocked when the service guy said it would be about $750. :eek: I would expect the test pipe install is super easy, the car is already up, just take off the cats and bolt on the pipes. 15-30 minutes? My question is, how long does it take to do the springs? I'm fairly confident JV will see the work order and make it right, but just in case, I'd like supporting data from others that have had this work done. Thanks.

Car is done :biggrin: looks like it took them less than 5 hours so I expect they were just estimating in case they had troubles. We'll see what the $ damages are when I pick it up later.

How does the car sound? There is a lot of conflicting info about test pipes on this site and I would like to know your opinion. Also, I am thinking of having AOB install them on my car. Do you know the end labor cost for the test pipe install?

martini-1 said:
How does the car sound? There is a lot of conflicting info about test pipes on this site and I would like to know your opinion. Also, I am thinking of having AOB install them on my car. Do you know the end labor cost for the test pipe install?

Test pipes will defiantly make your car a lot louder. I have DC Headers,Taitec Test Pipes and a B&B Exhaust and it's pretty loud. It was much more noticeable after installing the pipes. My guess maybe a hour to install it's pretty simple. I have seen your car at AOB for almost a year now I take it it's fixed and running.

I like the sound alot. There is clearly more engine waste making it's way out of the exhaust now, just need to clean more often. John V didn't advise against them. Installation is 1/2-1 hour, so plan for $50-$100 for AOB to do it. What have you heard on the negative side, I'm curious. Thanks.

Jim

NSX 3.0 said:
Test pipes will defiantly make your car a lot louder. I have DC Headers,Taitec Test Pipes and a B&B Exhaust and it's pretty loud. It was much more noticeable after installing the pipes. My guess maybe a hour to install it's pretty simple. I have seen your car at AOB for almost a year now I take it it's fixed and running.

Hey Steve,

Rumor has it you're going to SuperCharge your NSX? :eek: I'm thinking about it, but no where near doing it yet. If you do, I'm going to need a ride...maybe that'll seal the deal for me. Take care.

Jim

My car will finally be running soon. I needed a motor and I bought Anil's motor out of his Type-R project he has been working on. I am really excited to finally drive it after a year of sitting. The negatives I have heard about teswt pipes are: too loud, stinky exhaust, and O2 errors. I will talk to Jon V at AOB and probably get this done since I am having everything else fixed. Thanks for the responses.

wow, I'm surprised AOB even worked on testpipes due to federal regulations...other than that, it took me about 4-5hrs to do the spring/shock install...slacking around too...it ain't too bad...

martini-1 said:
My car will finally be running soon. I needed a motor and I bought Anil's motor out of his Type-R project he has been working on. I am really excited to finally drive it after a year of sitting. The negatives I have heard about teswt pipes are: too loud, stinky exhaust, and O2 errors. I will talk to Jon V at AOB and probably get this done since I am having everything else fixed. Thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear you found a motor...I never had any 02 errors with mine.

Bonk said:
Hey Steve,

Rumor has it you're going to SuperCharge your NSX? :eek: I'm thinking about it, but no where near doing it yet. If you do, I'm going to need a ride...maybe that'll seal the deal for me. Take care.

Jim

Jim,
My Head Gasket is starting to leak and this was the cause of my over heating at the track for the last two years. The car runs fine city-highway driving I can even beat the hell out of it on the back roads and it never gets hot but take it to the track and three laps and it's in the Red. John did a compression test and it flunked :frown: anyway I'm taking it to AOB next Feb and have the SOS stage III done Cams,ECU,T-Body,Retainers and what ever else he thinks I should do. Tom,Jeff,Mark and I are thinking of having a Brunch at Pandel's Oct 22nd Sunday so keep your eyes on the Midwest section for a thread soon.

:biggrin:
NSX 3.0 said:
Jim,
My Head Gasket is starting to leak and this was the cause of my over heating at the track for the last two years. The car runs fine city-highway driving I can even beat the hell out of it on the back roads and it never gets hot but take it to the track and three laps and it's in the Red. John did a compression test and it flunked :frown: anyway I'm taking it to AOB next Feb and have the SOS stage III done Cams,ECU,T-Body,Retainers and what ever else he thinks I should do. Tom,Jeff,Mark and I are thinking of having a Brunch at Pandel's Oct 22nd Sunday so keep your eyes on the Midwest section for a thread soon.

Stage III parts gooooood

Hey Jim. Sorry about last week, couldn't have picked a worse time to get a flat! I'm still fuming:mad: But good thing I wasn't too far away from home, could've been a lot worse ... Anyways, my car is still at the shop waiting for tires. I'm hoping to get up and running by tomorrow at the latest. Let me know if the Kopps meet is still on tomorrow. I'm dying to hear how your car sounds with the new pipes!

Looks like mother nature is going to prevent our meeting tomorrow. Let's hope for sun next Wednesday. There was talk of going to Gus' in East Troy on Saturday. I'm not going to be able to make it as my son has a football game Saturday night. We're going to look for a show on Sat or Sun. I'll keep you posted.

Hey Martini 1, I was up at AOB at the end of August having a ton of stuff done to my car for a couple of days and saw your yellow NSX right outside the door from where mine was getting worked on and had heard you had a rod that resembled a pretzel and my heart just went out to you. Good to hear you are going to be up and running soon. I took some pics of it and can be seen here.

Thanks for the comments. It was quite heart wrenching when it happened. I saw those photos about a week ago and when I saw my car it made me wish I had it back. It took a while but it looks like I will be running before the winter(just in time for storage).

Bonk said:
Looks like mother nature is going to prevent our meeting tomorrow. Let's hope for sun next Wednesday. There was talk of going to Gus' in East Troy on Saturday. I'm not going to be able to make it as my son has a football game Saturday night. We're going to look for a show on Sat or Sun. I'll keep you posted.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Definitely keep me posted if anything else comes up over the weekend. Otherwise I'll cross my fingers for next Wednesday.

Back