• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ended up getting a 2003 Corvette Z06!

I can tell you that growing up in Toronto seeing a NSX was next to impossible. I think I might have seen 5 the entire time I lived there. Plus the NSX was HUGE DOLLARS compared to the us market. I think I recall the 95 being around $144,000. OUCH.

My 2 cents:

Given this is a NSX forum, I’m very delighted to see minimal bashing and great maturity cuz if this was reversed oh boy….haha

As long as you bought the car because YOU LIKE it more, then you made a good choice. Too many nice cars out there today for under $40k that it’s sometimes hard to justify which one is a better buy ~only you would know the choice you made is good or not.

Personally I would NEVER in a 100 years but a Vette over a NA2 NSX. I don’t care about speed as my top priority nor do I ever plan to track this car. My main thing for me how I feel when I get into and fire up the car once a week for my weekend toy and the Vette would not feel special to me at all. Maybe a good daily driver but that’s it.

I sold my GT3 for the NSX and never looked back – the NSX puts a smile to my face each time and that is priceless 

Enjoy your new Z and when you get tired of it, I’m pretty sure you will be shopping the NSX again as so many members on here keep coming back.

Only cars that would be on par to the NA2 NSX would be the 360, R8 and other exotics….but then comes the price factor!

rick

My 2 cents:

Given this is a NSX forum, I’m very delighted to see minimal bashing and great maturity cuz if this was reversed oh boy….haha

As long as you bought the car because YOU LIKE it more, then you made a good choice. Too many nice cars out there today for under $40k that it’s sometimes hard to justify which one is a better buy ~only you would know the choice you made is good or not.

Personally I would NEVER in a 100 years but a Vette over a NA2 NSX. I don’t care about speed as my top priority nor do I ever plan to track this car. My main thing for me how I feel when I get into and fire up the car once a week for my weekend toy and the Vette would not feel special to me at all. Maybe a good daily driver but that’s it.

I sold my GT3 for the NSX and never looked back – the NSX puts a smile to my face each time and that is priceless 

Enjoy your new Z and when you get tired of it, I’m pretty sure you will be shopping the NSX again as so many members on here keep coming back.

Only cars that would be on par to the NA2 NSX would be the 360, R8 and other exotics….but then comes the price factor!

rick

Wow, you went from a GT3 to an NSX? That's speaking highly of the NSX. Was it a 996 or a 997?

rick

Not now!
fer.jpg

$79,000
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=161

Wow. Under 80K! Someone run a carfax! :)

Now I would take that car over any nsx or vette. I think I would still rather have the gallardo.

gallardo's 50k wait and see.

I don't KNOW if this could be said any BETTER!.. i have had 4 Vettes most recently a 03 Zo6 and have always loved them and still do.. HOWEVER there not special anymore as there are just too many of them

You know, I almost did the same exact thing, buying a 2003 yellow Z06 over my nsx. I actually decided I wanted the car and was goign to contact the dealer in oklahoma to arrange a time for me to fly in. So the night I was going to send out the email, I left my home to drive to work. It was a friday night in the spring so plenty of people were out. I live right above downtown Colorado Springs on a bluff and my way to work takes me through the middle of downtown. This is where I decided I did NOT want a corvette....... In the first 5 minutes, I counted atleast 10 C5's.

Before I bought the nsx or even considered it, I had seen only 2-3 my entire life, all of 27 years.

It's hard beating such a great car as the Z06 in bang for the buck, but I wanted something truely special, unique and rare.

Either way, unique or common or rare or cheap, both cars are a BLAST to drive and own.

Last edited:
you bought your car for your own reasons, the only way to go. Feel lucky that you have the chance to enjoy a car at all! Don't have to defend yourself, it's a car! ;)

Last edited:
Back