• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

engine acting weird? maybe clutch?

i have noticed that when i push down hard on the gas pedal when i am not caring many rpm's, the car's rpm's will go up about 2000 rpm's before the car will take off and then the rpm's will return back to normal range for the mph i am doing and gradually go up with increasing mph's as the car should do. i thought at first it was tire slippage because that is kind of what it feels like but i do not think this could be it becuase it will do it in all gears except first and i am sure that car does not have enough power to spin tires like that. i was wondering if it needs a new clutch. i have yet to put one in since i bought it and i knew it needed one if i was going to 'run' it. any thoughts on to what this is? thanks, joe

hey cool.. shreveport.. that's where i bought my nsx..

anywho, how many miles are on your nsx?

when you're trying to go, (particularly first) is it rather difficult to get the car going?

if you drive the car hard.... and shift quick from first into second.. slippage would be the period of time that you notice your car not accelerating but your foot is on the gas and nothing is moving.. then all of a sudden you let go a bit and the car 'catches'...

I'm sure there's other ways to tell but that's how i knew... that and it was so bad that the car would shudder just trying to get it rolling through first.

good luck,
x

jivy said:
i was wondering if it needs a new clutch. i have yet to put one in since i bought it and i knew it needed one if i was going to 'run' it. any thoughts on to what this is? thanks, joe
You certainly need a new clutch. What you describe is typical for clutch slippage.

thanks. thought so, but you guys help out a lot and thought i would run it by you all. thanks again.

Back