• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine died

Sounds like maybe the first test had the throttle plate closed, second test it was open;). Assuming that are both stock. NSX engines are pretty tough and your first trest showed fairly even compression. Was it the same gauge?

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks for the replies.

Both comp. tests was done with the same gauge, but the old (broken) engine had 95k miles on it. Both tests was done in same condition.

Anyway, new engine is in, have started it and it runs fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUtBrFzyas

Had my first test drive with the new engine yesterday as the roads are getting dry after the snow.

Engine runs good, but going from coasting to load, the engine hesitates for about a second before it starts pushing as it should. It's last years gas in the tank still, but is there anything else that could cause it?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear your misfortune.
It's time to clear some things up. According to page 6-21 you apply oil to the threads of the bolt but NOT on the head of it. Braking it loose and fixing the flywheel instead of having the right tool is rubish. Your crankshaft and it's bearings could not like it. If you change the crankshaft or the pulley the torqueing sequence goes like this: 280 Nm - 0 Nm - 250 Nm.

Question: the early version of the pulley shield was a lightweigt version. The latest version is a heavyduty version (no holes). What's the reason for it. I know the later one is safer but have there been any failures of the lightweight version?

Interesting - in my '95/'96 manual, it very clearly shows between the bolt head and the washer should be lubricated. Because the engine didn't change between '91 and '96, I suspect either Honda/Acura learned something in that timeframe, or it was an omission in the '91 manual. :rolleyes:

Back