• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Engine Indicator Light

At high RPMs, engine light comes on. I have no power loss. When I turn ignition off and re-start, the light goes off. What's causes the light to go on?

I suggest pulling the code to get a better idea what is causing the CEL.

I suggest pulling the code to get a better idea what is causing the CEL.

HIGHLY AGREED!!

My CEL went on and off while driving but i had no power loss, and car ran smooth- turns out i had bent valves :eek:

Trust the car! trust the ECU something is wrong - dont drive it and check it out first. Im sure its not your only car -- is it?

HIGHLY AGREED!!

My CEL went on and off while driving but i had no power loss, and car ran smooth- turns out i had bent valves :eek:

Trust the car! trust the ECU something is wrong - dont drive it and check it out first. Im sure its not your only car -- is it?

Thanks. No dealers close but will do. I've driven it a long time since that first happened, never had a problem until I go full throttle to high RPMs. If I ease there, it never happens. Have the MDX and TSX, so it rarely gets driven, esp. with 35 MPH speed limit here on an island.

Back