• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Indicator Light

At high RPMs, engine light comes on. I have no power loss. When I turn ignition off and re-start, the light goes off. What's causes the light to go on?

I suggest pulling the code to get a better idea what is causing the CEL.

I suggest pulling the code to get a better idea what is causing the CEL.

HIGHLY AGREED!!

My CEL went on and off while driving but i had no power loss, and car ran smooth- turns out i had bent valves :eek:

Trust the car! trust the ECU something is wrong - dont drive it and check it out first. Im sure its not your only car -- is it?

Which engine light exactly? Does it stay lit until you re-start? At what RP)M does it happen?
Is the car warmed up? :wink:

The yellow, check engine light. It happens under full throttle and probably around 7000 rpm. The engine is fully warmed up.

HIGHLY AGREED!!

My CEL went on and off while driving but i had no power loss, and car ran smooth- turns out i had bent valves :eek:

Trust the car! trust the ECU something is wrong - dont drive it and check it out first. Im sure its not your only car -- is it?

Thanks. No dealers close but will do. I've driven it a long time since that first happened, never had a problem until I go full throttle to high RPMs. If I ease there, it never happens. Have the MDX and TSX, so it rarely gets driven, esp. with 35 MPH speed limit here on an island.

Back