• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Enkei RPF01 for track...?

I want to invest to a set of track wheels. As went throug the prices and quality, the Enkei RPF01 seems to be a good quality/price alternative.

I use slick tires at the moment front:230/610 R17 & rear:280/650 R18 or 27/650 R18. Currently have stock brake calippers and stock size rotors which probably will be upgraded in the future.

1. What size of wheels do you suggest? 17,18 or 17,17? ET?
  2. A good place to buy online?
Thanks in advance

The one tip I would offer is to check availability of the tires you use for the wheel sizes you're considering. Also make sure the wheel widths are in the approved range for your tire make/model/size.

Here's the size chart:
http://www.enkei.com/size_chart/RPF1.pdf

I would recommend the 17x8 +45 front
Rear I would go 18x9.5 +38.
You could also go 17" rear, so a 17x9.5 +38

Another inexpensive track wheel alternative that's popular on the NSX is the TSW Interlagos RF
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-5-lugs-interlagos-silver-std-250.jpg

TSW Nurburgring RF
nurburgring_gunmetal_reg_normal_white.jpg

The best NSX sizes for the TSW wheels are 17x7.5 +45, and 18x9.5 +40.

That's probably true for street tires, but for track tires, maybe not. I know some folks with 17" fronts for a track-only fitment put 235/40-17 R compound tires on, and those are typically approved for front wheels 8.0-9.5" wide. Granted, you wouldn't use that tire size on the street, because it will rub, but on the track, maybe you would. And if you did, you'd want a wider wheel. That's why I said it's best to decide on your tire sizes before you decide on the wheel width.

That's probably true for street tires, but for track tires, maybe not. I know some folks with 17" fronts for a track-only fitment put 235/40-17 R compound tires on, and those are typically approved for front wheels 8.0-9.5" wide. Granted, you wouldn't use that tire size on the street, because it will rub, but on the track, maybe you would. And if you did, you'd want a wider wheel. That's why I said it's best to decide on your tire sizes before you decide on the wheel width.

Actually user 1K2GO uses the 17x7.5 with a 235/40/17 R888 tire for the track. You'll see my post on page 2 where he confirms the fitment.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160812

I wouldn't recommend the 17x8" wheel in the TSW because the offset is too aggressive (+35), especially if you intend to run a 235/40/17 tire on stock fenders.

User NSXDreamer2 runs the Interlagos in 17x8" +35 wheel but he has the DownForce front fenders which add another ~15mm of clearance..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160632

Last edited:
They do seem tough enough for both street and track use, we run 17 / 18's on the LoveFab car.
Cody stuffed 235/40/17's on the front (under wider fenders) and 305/35/18's on the rear.
We're back to 215/40/17's and 275/35/18's since our use is 90% street.

Brian

LoveFab at WHRRI by NSXbrian, on Flickr

for 280ish slicks in the rear you should look out for 10 or 10,5 x 18 inch. I have some mag. BBS rears for sale and 9x18 front mag. BBS from the ADAC race NSX. If you are interessted hit me an email: [email protected] ....I also have a MOVEIT big brake kit and some other race car related stuff for the NSX I am selling

Another inexpensive track wheel alternative that's popular on the NSX is the TSW Interlagos RF
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-5-lugs-interlagos-silver-std-250.jpg

TSW Nurburgring RF
nurburgring_gunmetal_reg_normal_white.jpg

Are those sizes compatible with TCS or should one get 17x8 up front?

Are those sizes compatible with TCS or should one get 17x8 up front?

These are compatible. What is MOST important is the tire size (not the wheel width). Keep the tire sizes 215/40/17 front and 255/35/18 rear or 265/35/18 rear.

These are compatible. What is MOST important is the tire size (not the wheel width). Keep the tire sizes 215/40/17 front and 255/35/18 rear or 265/35/18 rear.
Those sizes are best for street use. Since these are for track use, I don't think there are any R compound track tires that are available in those sizes for both front and rear, so you'll be limited to using "extreme performance" street tires if you stick with those sizes.

Those sizes are best for street use. Since these are for track use, I don't think there are any R compound track tires that are available in those sizes for both front and rear, so you'll be limited to using "extreme performance" street tires if you stick with those sizes.

I was actually thinking for street. I just like the way they look (the Interlagos)

Sorry, I was referring back to the OP.

For street use, yes, those sizes are best. Since yours is a '96, I'd stick with 255/35-18 in the rear with a 215/40-17 front.

So if you were after a set for the track would you go 235/40/17 front 275/35/18 rear in say the NT01, and then what would be the best size rim and offsets for those?

Back