• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

enough of this heat damn-it

Phoenix checking in... we had about 8 or 9 days of 110+ and it only gets to about 95 at night!

We are cooking out here... but relief is coming... the pool should be finished in 2 weeks!!!

90+ here at night as well, don't need to mention what it's like at 3pm.

I'm leaving for the arctic circle on august 1st though so that's a short term problem.

90+ here at night as well, don't need to mention what it's like at 3pm.

I'm leaving for the arctic circle on august 1st though so that's a short term problem.
unless you're moving there permanently (or not returning to your current area of residence), isn't that a short-term solution to a long-term problem? :wink:

sounds like this could be an interesting trip and certainly a nice get-away.

Bunch of girls in this thread ... it hit 115 here a little over a week ago. Its not hot until your shirt sticks to the back of your leather seat. Time for some window tint.

come spend time in florida . and non of you will complain
i lived in tampa for several years before i was shipped to southeast asia for a year. i thought tampa was hot'n'humid, but sea brought a whole new meaning to hot'n'humid for me. you can have them both (except during the nicer months).

this thread came to mind as i was speaking to my 84 year old father yesterday. he lives in oregon and said it was supposed to be 103f this week. checking yahoo/weather for his area, it indicates 105f in the forecast.

just a quick reminder that if you live in a high temp area of have loved ones who do to follow up a little more than normal on their well being - elderly and pets are at high risk in the extreme heat (as i'm sure kids are, too.)

here's what the nws / noaa is showing on their charts for the US:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

NYC/Metro Area checking in:
Been 70-80 all summer, lots of rain for June/July though. Too much to do in NYC to worry about weather.

We have heat here too. It was 90 degrees, but the humidity made it feel like 100.:biggrin:

Oh well, just another reason to go diving for Uhu and other fish in my back yard. The water is 80 degrees and 4 foot down it is 70 degrees.

Gotta luv paradise.:cool:

Back