• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

enough of this heat damn-it

Re: Ahh, it ain't so bad...........

Yeah, it's been pretty bad the last couple of days because there's been no Delta breeze to cool us off at night, but we haven't had any real (normal) heat til now, so we're doin' OK overall. Of course next Sunday, about 2:30, when I'm sitting on the pre-grid at Thunderhill and it's 105F, don't remind me that I said this. :redface:

>100f in our backyard for the last week or so... both of my bee hives have bees bearding on the front due to the heat well in to the late evening (11pm+)

i am very, very glad humidity is a non-issue here.

Took mine out after washing tonight.. only to get a speeding ticket from an officer hiding with no lights on. :frown:

id trade 100 degrees out there for 90 here any day of the week. we spent a week out there a couple of years ago and after an hour of wandering the OC fair my wife and i were fine while our hosts were sweating. the humidity is murder.

It's been REALLY nice in Richmond this summer. So many 80 degree days, I don't ever remember a summer this nice on the east coast.

Looking at the forcast, it's barely 80 today, and 80s the rest of the week! Awesome!!!

It's been REALLY nice in Richmond this summer. So many 80 degree days, I don't ever remember a summer this nice on the east coast.

Looking at the forcast, it's barely 80 today, and 80s the rest of the week! Awesome!!!

+1. It's been perfect in Md this summer.

People had to wear hoodies this past weekend in Ohio. :biggrin:

Yea...what is that all about. I took off Friday so we could get down to the lakehouse in Tennessee, but we decided it was too cold to go. :mad:

id trade 100 degrees out there for 90 here any day of the week. we spent a week out there a couple of years ago and after an hour of wandering the OC fair my wife and i were fine while our hosts were sweating. the humidity is murder.
better you than me ;)

You guys are killing me:wink: . Last night fox 40 news forcasted another 7 days of 100 plus heat with a possible 109 later in the week. But thats not nearly as bad as AZ I guess, they got a temp of 113 yesterday. How do they do it?:confused:

east cost weather is being very strange...70-80 every day here in nj. falls to around 60ish every night. didn't break into the 80's until june i would say...

east cost weather is being very strange...70-80 every day here in nj. falls to around 60ish every night. didn't break into the 80's until june i would say...

Same up here. Only 2 days so far this year over 90 degrees. I I I I I LLLLLove NEW YORK. At least in the summer. Winter is right around the corner. I think I am coming to Cali for a while this winter. Winter sucks in NY.

Take up snowboarding. I guarantee that you will love winter once you start looking foward to snow days again. However, your body might hate you the day after. Oh, and you had better lie to your life insurance broker. :wink:

Take up snowboarding. I guarantee that you will love winter once you start looking foward to snow days again. However, your body might hate you the day after. Oh, and you had better lie to your life insurance broker. :wink:

i can't wait for the winter and snowboarding season to start again...wish i lived further north so the trips to new hampshire, vermont, and maine would be a little bit shorter...

It reached 109 at my house over the weekend. I conditioned the seats in my NSX so they dont dry out.

Re: Ahh, it ain't so bad...........

Yeah, it's been pretty bad the last couple of days because there's been no Delta breeze to cool us off at night, but we haven't had any real (normal) heat til now, so we're doin' OK overall. Of course next Sunday, about 2:30, when I'm sitting on the pre-grid at Thunderhill and it's 105F, don't remind me that I said this. :redface:

having tried to avoid the heat in sacramento since 1994 i have tried a new strategy with some success. like doctor strangelove who learned to love the bomb i have re-programmed my brain to love the heat. the hotter the better.
sometimes i pretend i live in sub-saharan africa and that 110 degrees is a cool day. . the only time this does not work for me is for a few hours after i return from a trip to the bay area...
but after a day or two the situational depression resolves and i like being a desert dweller again. suck it up. accept the pain. be proud. not everyone can thrive in 112 degree heat. let the pansies have their 76 degree bay area days and cool nights. only the strong can survive in sacramento. learn to love the weather. i did and i am much happier.

HAHA - You Pussies!! :biggrin:

Actually we had a storm come through this wknd. High was in the high 80's - low 90's with very little humidity. Usually its 102 with Head Index of 110!

Re: the respite is over

Ok, the past few days it only got up to 99 and I have to say, thank you who ever!! 99 felt like an ocean breaze.
My 105F prediction for Sunday at T-Hill looks to be dead on. :frown: Oh well, I'm only doing one race; Kipster's doing 2 with a hot roof over his head. Sheesh!! some idea of fun !!:rolleyes:

Back