• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EPS code 22

EPS light came on. Done some search. Commonn reason could be a bad connect, bad speed sensor, physical damage to power steering
or code 22.

How do i determine whats wrong before i start replacing or fixing every possibilities. What is a code 22 anyway?

EPS light came on. Done some search. Commonn reason could be a bad connect, bad speed sensor, physical damage to power steering
or code 22.

How do i determine whats wrong before i start replacing or fixing every possibilities. What is a code 22 anyway?

+ 1 I want to know the answer to this as well....

Not making enough profit on your inverstments :confused:
EPS: Earnings Per Share

Okay, Electronic Power Steering...

I would check my Service Manual, but my NA1 is pre-electronic PS.

Maybe you could try Larry B. or one of the other incredible guys here, who
know the cars mechanics inside and out... (Larry Bastanza)

Quoting NSXPrime member Briank: "22 is a fail safe, power loss fault. The power unit needs repair, I can do it for you." Which means that your EPS power unit in the passenger floorboard needs repair. Contact member "Briank" on this website and send him an inquiry - he rebuilds the EPS power units. Briank is definitely the person you want for this - Larryb would probably refer you to Briank.

You should be able to search on terms "Code 22" and get a bunch of hits. Put "Code 22" in quotation marks.

Last edited:
They don't have mail/package service in Malaysia? If necessary, I have a used EPS (Electronic Power Steering) Power Unit, part # 53190-SL0-A01 that I would sell you. See this thread for more details. It is safe to drive the car without power steering while you are awaiting delivery of the EPS power unit.

If you are anxious about sending money to a stranger, check my feedback profile on eBay (United States version) under username "jettdirect" and deal with confidence. I have shipped internationally before - I am sure I could get it to you.

Last edited:
Thanks Jett. will keep your offer in mind. will take the car for a acheck uo. If it is the power unit, will contact you.

any email address?

Hi JHR55,

Im in KL, and a part of a small NSX group. Some of them maintain their cars in Bandar Sunway where i do. They are pretty resourceful. PM me if I could be any help.
Hav fun with your 993TT.:smile:

Vas

Back