• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Europen NSX GT racecar build up progress

Got some pics from HEIGO. The cage is still in progress, but I got some pics from the work they do today.

my new clutch :) dueal carbon Exedy.

phoca_thumb_l_IMGP3199.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_IMGP3201.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_p1070075.jpg

Am Wochenende hab ich Reifen auf Felgen, 8 Bremsscheiben mit Belägen und ein 6 Ganggetriebe bekommen. Die Sättel bei Mov'it werde ich die nächsten Wochen bestellen.

phoca_thumb_l_P1070091.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070093.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070096.JPG

Just got this pic-update from HEIGO 1 hour ago. Now it gets welded and painted black. A lexan glass with FIA homologation is coming between engine bay and driver cabin.

phoca_thumb_l_IMGP3219.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_IMGP3216.JPG

Is that cage bar running across the door adjustable ? I would want it up higher. Nice project:biggrin:

It is not adjustable, but you can remove the braces, so you have better access when you like to work inside the car.

There is no need of giving the braces higher. This cage is built to the latest FIA requirement.

There is no need of giving the braces higher. This cage is built to the latest FIA requirement.

Looks a tad low from the pictures. I guess for road racing it's good enough. Looks good, keep up the good work , i am jealous:biggrin:

Got my big Dali shippment today. :)

Alle Kühlschläuche neu
oil pump
water pump
timin belt kit
aluminium crank pulley w/o a/c compressor ribs
Comptech oil sandwitch 1inch!!! :eek:
Comptech race suspension
fat braces
Carbon brake air duct
oem airbox mod with filter and scoop
10 Denso Filters
Mugen Thermostat
Spoon Thermoswitch
oem clutch alignment tool kit
clutch bearin gkit
Taitec headers
oil pan gasket

phoca_thumb_l_P1070121.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070122.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070128.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070127.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070124.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070126.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070123.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the cross bar behind the driver end above the driver and not the passenger? I know it says European, but it looks left hand drive?

is there any reason the cage was MIG welded and not TIG welded? (at least it looks MIG welded) just curious because TIG welding is usually considered stronger and not that much more difficult...

great looking project. keep us updated!

Gestern hab ich voll durchgestartet. Vorne alles zerlegt und ausgebaut was man nicht mehr braucht wie Klima, Nebelscheinwerfer, oem Kühler, etc.

Motor ausgebaut und die Bremzangen überall runtergenommen. Natürlich alle Flüssigkeiten abgelassen und entsorgt. :)

Morgen möchte ich das neue FW und die Mov'it Bremsen einbauen, sodaß ich wieder von der Bühne runter kann.

phoca_thumb_l_P1070246.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070247.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070251.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070248.JPG

Yesterday I fully waved off. In front everything divides and developed which one no more does not need like climate, fog headlight, oem radiator, etc. Engine developed and the Bremzangen everywhere down-taken. Naturally all liquids discharged and dispose of. Tomorrow I would like the new L.G. and the Mov' it brakes insert, so that I can again of the stage down.

Today we "modified" the dash board. All the unnacessary stuff like some plastic, wires, climate control unit, screws, sound deading materials went out.

Tomorrow we install the seat and console + doing the SOS bushings into the steering rack.

phoca_thumb_l_P1070263.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070264.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070270.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070271.JPG

Today installed the CT coilover system with 1000 lbs springs up front. 1 inch thick sway bar and NSX-R bars.

Testing an Cobra seat, but it is about 3inch too high, so we have to modify the conosle. Do you guys have any suggestion on a seat which is lower than the Cobra? I have Sparco sliders.

Takata harness for the real JDM pimp. gayfight

Tomorrows work: Movit HBK (huge brake kit :tongue: 340x34mm discs) test fitment with Advan RZ rims from an costumer.

phoca_thumb_l_P1070279.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070284.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070283.JPG

phoca_thumb_l_P1070286.JPG

Last edited:
Back