• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ex-996TT owners?

The GT2 is a 2wd wild Porsche hot-rod. If you can handle the extra power (also keeping in mind its RWD), and want the boy-racer 'toy' with less luxury and features than a regular 996 Turbo, then go for it! They are badass cars.

If you want the added control, luxury, and driveability of the Turbo, you'll save yourself ~$30K by getting a regular 996 Turbo. Either way both the Turbo and GT2 are selling for killer prices and are great cars!

Billy

Thanks Billy, that's a great perspective, and I really appreciate it. it sounds like I would be better suited with a Turbo instead of the GT2, although both would be fun cars.

I was talking with a friend, and am really starting to realize how much I miss my 1992 NSX that I sold last summer. I see why so many members that sell their cars (and are active on Prime, I realize a self-selecting subset) go out and buy another NSX.

The GT2 is a 2wd wild Porsche hot-rod. If you can handle the extra power (also keeping in mind its RWD), and want the boy-racer 'toy' with less luxury and features than a regular 996 Turbo, then go for it! They are badass cars.

If you want the added control, luxury, and driveability of the Turbo, you'll save yourself ~$30K by getting a regular 996 Turbo. Either way both the Turbo and GT2 are selling for killer prices and are great cars!

Billy

Thanks Billy, that's a great perspective, and I really appreciate it. it sounds like I would be better suited with a Turbo instead of the GT2, although both would be fun cars.

I was talking with a friend, and am really starting to realize how much I miss my 1992 NSX that I sold last summer. I see why so many members that sell their cars (and are active on Prime, I realize a self-selecting subset) go out and buy another NSX.
I do encourage you to go test drive a GT2 or at least a 996 turbo. They are AWESOME cars:

CP2_0618.jpg

CP2_0629.jpg

If family is a factor... don't forget that the 996TT still has a back seat. I had two baby seats in the back of my 996TT. It was always funny pulling up to daycare with two kids in my porsche with all the minivans and suvs around.

Like I mentioned before, just do an ecu flash, exhaust, and drop the front drive shaft, and a regular 996TT will turn into a monster. (even faster than a stock GT2) Unless you absolutely want to have a GT2, it's not worth the extra cost IMO.

Funny story. On my way home, I ran into a guy that had his wife pushing a Porsche. I think it was a early 2000 non-turbo model..... his power was COMPLETELY out, it died on the freeway. I mean nothing, as if the battery and alternator was dead but I never find out what the actual problem was.

I gave the guy a ride home as he didn't live very far, who left his wife at a motel... reason his wife did all the work? Because "she can't drive stick."
I wanted to ask why he didn't let her steer as the car was in neutral.. as she was pushing it on the side of the road. Loser.

Anyway, when's the last time you heard that happen in an NSX? :)

Just a few months ago. :frown:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1235351&postcount=1178

Thread back from the dead - after lots of research and reading, bit the bullet and picked up a used 2009 Carrera 4S/PDK/Sport Chrono. It's been a great car for me, and while I am a single guy, I was able to take a friend and her two small children out for cheesecake. It has worked well for me.

Looking forward to another NSX once I get a house with a garage of my own.

Back