• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Executive Target - NSX Chase Video Clip

<B><A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~neonsx/Executive_Target_NSX_Chase.wmv">Executive Target - NSX Chase</A></B>
10MBytes, WMV

Requires <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp">Windows Media Player 9</A>

Attachments

• executive target_01.jpg
    executive target_01.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,401
Nice movie NEO...Red NSX looks awesome....but needs to be lowered a lil bit. You the MAN! NEO...:D ;)

After you've watched it once, spot the MOVIE MISTAKES. :D

- Windows down, then up during chase, then down.
- the bag of money on passenger's seat... :rolleyes:
- Truck driver has foot off accelerator then hammers it to drive over police bike. What's that all about? :confused:
- Police bike in middle of road, but mysteriously ends up underneath the right-side wheel of truck.
- Bad dude standing in back of truck takes out the 1st of the two agents on the roadside; he's using an uzi but the sound FX is an AK47. LOL
- Only two bad dudes jump out of the truck, but six rush the limo?! :confused:
- While the President is being kidnapped, three cop cars stay at the back of the convey with lights/sirens going in the hopes of scaring off the terrorists. :D
- Bad dudes take out the President's bodyguards (which aren't even dressed like Secret Service?) with Uzi's. Nobody seems worried about bullet spray hitting the President.
- Not a SINGLE BULLET hits the NSX. :D Does SoS have a bulletproof bodykit?!?!
- Bad guy with Uzi shoots the cop standing behind his car door. Cop dies but not a single uzi round hits to door! LOL
- So many camera's have been installed around the city just to provide the bad black dude a frontrow seat. LOL
- Many inconsistancies in chase sequence: NSX shown on a multiple-lane road in traffic, next shot shows cop car changing lanes on a road with a barrier and less lanes. NSX turns onto road with no traffic, then is suddenly in heavy traffic.
- It appears some footage of NSX passing cars was reused quickly. But it's an NSX - so i'm not complaining.
- Nick is supposed to be an awesome driver, but doesn't go beyond 6500RPM. :rolleyes:
- Cop cars blow up, but they have all neatly pulled up to the side so that other cop cars have to flip over them. :rolleyes:
- Cars always explosions when they crash. :)
- There are about 9 cars on the overview screen, but about 13 cars appear to be blown up.
- Bad dude at end Guy is a Mr.Wolf try-hard by putting the President in trunk of his car. :D

FAVOURITE ONE-LINERS:
* Bad black dude says, "In a few hours, Nick is going to be a very very rich man" followed by traditional evil laugh so you know he's pure evil. :D
* Bad black dude says, "Now isn't that enough to give you a hard-on" ... to a woman!!! :D rofl

This is why i love B-grade action films... so much to analyze. :D

Thanks for taking the time to share this clip with us, Neo! Can't complain about the rest of the movie, but anytime the NSX gets on screen action, it automatically gets two thumbs up from me. :D

NeoNSX said:
After you've watched it once, spot the MOVIE MISTAKES. :D

I am a detail oriented type of guy, so I notice mistakes in movies pretty quickly. Besides the ones you mentioned, here is what I noticed:

* Mileage of the car stays at what appears to be 17,947 miles THE ENTIRE TIME, despite the fact it is a long chase. (*Maybe he skipped his valve adjutsment and that is why he is going so slowly. :D )

*He passes the SAME Mecredes SL twice in a row, and it appears to be PARKED in the middle of the road and not moving.

*The semi-truck at the beginning crushes the limo that the President is in by running over it, yet does not in any way harm the President or his companion?? Riiiiight......

* The President late in the scene actually tells Nick to 'Step on it' while getting away from the poilce, after previously telling Nick he will 'Never get away with this'. Why the change of heart?? Does he WANT to be kidnapped now?

Those are just a few. Not only B-Grade movies are like this. Even in 'Ronin' during the chase scene with the black BMW M5 through the tunnels and such, they have errors. In 'Ronin' you will notice this:

* At one point in the chase, the inside camera of the BMW M5 shows the speedometer to NOT BE MOVING, yet they are at high speeds. Earlier in the scenes the speedo is working, so this one clip where it is not is a slip-up. Tisk-tisk. :)

* At the end of the chase when the BMW M5 flips over, the camera by the wheel shows a mesh cross-spoke wheel indicating it is probably a 535i, yet on all the other scenes the wheels are the distinctive M5 wheels. Whoops...wrong car boys. :)

* Oh, and the first chase with the black cars when they are trying to get the 'box' and are running through the mountains with the Audi S8. In that scene the engine notes for the black cars (Renault's I think) of the bad guys is from an ACURA NSX!! Yep, if you listen closely it is an Acura NSX motor, and not the true sound of the bad guys cars. :D

Yeah, I notice way too much stuff. ...oh well. The funny part is that in the extra features on the 'Ronin' DVD, the director is talking during the chase talking about how they took great pains to make every detail perfect, because they did not want to break the 'trust' of the audience. LOL!! I guess they did not try hard enough on those details. :D

It doesn't really sound like an NSX in the clip. Sounds like they overdubbed a V8 sound or something.

After watching the clip, I was curious as to why the Nsx was not pulling away from them cheap 80s looking cop cars. But on further review, it seems the getaway driver was probably not going all out as to keep the cop cars close. Otherwise, if he had pulled too far ahead, the police cars would not have been led into the trap/explosion.

Anyways, thanks Neo for the posting the clip. I love seeing the Nsx in motion.

chumch said:
can anyone tell if that was a '95-'96 or a '97+ NSX?

The NSX-T appears to be a 1995 model. It still has the gray wheels and is a 5-speed, so that rules out the '97+NSX. :)

i only saw a few inconsistencies...

- there are $100 bills in the bag wrapped with $500 wrappers... 5 bills to a wrapper??

- he shifts from 3rd to 4th and the rpm jumps from ~4000 to ~7000

- the antenna keeps going up and down

Those are good mistakes <B>nicholas421</B> ... i missed those.

The $100 bills is an especially big mistake because in the film he does the getaway job for $3million, and he gets paid half before. So there should be about $1.5million in that bag (maybe slightly less because he went and bought the NSX ? :D )

Glad I caught this before you pulled it.
The only new mistake if you could call it that that I caught is the NSX third brake light doesn't seem to work when he taps his brakes in a RH turn about half way through the movie...

great video. I thought it was pretty funny that the NSX driver upshifts and the rpms increase. :D

Back