• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Exhaust Tips Up close

Dman,
Here are the photos of the exhaust tips up close to show you how far they should stick out. Hope this helps. Good luck with the install.

View

View

Just curious, Chris: any negative effects from the heat (discoloration, etc) on the bumper having them sticking out so far?

Just curious, Chris: any negative effects from the heat (discoloration, etc) on the bumper having them sticking out so far?

Also, you need to be careful on how you park and where you park. When the tips stick out further than the bumper, there's a good chance that you'll hit something with them or that someone else will hit them...

Well Chris, I finally got them on. I must say what a difference. It looks so much better than the stock exhaust tips. Well worth it. Thanks again for all the help on the project. BTW I am still waiting for my red vacuum hose, it's been three weeks, Grrrrrrrrr!

Dman,
I'm glad it all worked out for you. Sorry to hear about having to wait so long for the vacuum line.

The photos of the tips must seem like they stick out too far to some of you. If you look at the photo at the rear bumper looking down you'll notice they stick out past the bumper maybe a 1/2 inch or so. If I'm backing up and am close to hitting my exhaust tips then it's too late because I've already torn my bumper off by that time. They really don't stick out that much. I don't have to parallel park where I live because I never drive it downtown where you MUST park on the street. Most of the time I park the farthest away from anyone in the parking lot and walk just to prevent anyone from parking next to me. (It never fails though; no matter how far out you park away someone manages to take the spot right next to YOUR car.)
mad.gif

And here I thought that only happened to me. It must be the car, they park next to it to make their car look better.

Back