• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

My General Manager has just come back from A dealer meeting in LAS VEGAS. Acura has anounced several changes in the model line up with 2 new hybrids. A RL hybrid and CSX replacement also having a Hybrid replacement.
The big news at the meeting is the 2013 NSX. I was told that it looks great. it will be powered by a 3.7 V6 putting out 450HP. SHAWD. Front Mid engine. Hybrid power with two motors. All aluminium and lightweight. very limted numbers. 4-5 to each dealer. Should make NSX and Acura owners happy again.

The power sounds nice, but I am sure many of us here are hoping you are wrong about the front midship.

If it's going to have two electric motors driving wheels, it would make the front end really long and heavy with a front engine powering the rear wheels along with front electric motors. Or if it is front wheel drive with electric motors in the rear? Yeah, I could see that, the halo, performance car from Honda is actually a FF... :mad:

It would really only make sense for the the purposed hybrid plan to be reversed and have the rear midship, rear wheel drive with electric motors up front.

Sad news indeed but I figured this would happen. Super GT dictates that the car MUST be FR. Our beloved NSX will never see a true successor.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

let me get a hold of one will rip out all that hybrid crap.out and weld the engine in the rear

My General Manager has just come back from A dealer meeting in LAS VEGAS. Acura has anounced several changes in the model line up with 2 new hybrids. A RL hybrid and CSX replacement also having a Hybrid replacement.
The big news at the meeting is the 2013 NSX. I was told that it looks great. it will be powered by a 3.7 V6 putting out 450HP. SHAWD. Front Mid engine. Hybrid power with two motors. All aluminium and lightweight. very limted numbers. 4-5 to each dealer. Should make NSX and Acura owners happy again.

Any idea of price point? Wonder how soon one can get on the "list".

I was at the local Acura dealership to discuss a service matter with one of my other cars and during the conversation with the service manager, who I truly respect, he alluded to the very same thing.

He was badgering me to buy a new Acura and I told him that I had no intention to spend my hard earned money on an ugly, beaked, bloated Acura. He chuckled and said that he heard the same from others.

As the conversation continued onto my NSX, I discussed my intention of moving onto other manufacturers. He told me to wait and that there will indeed be a new "halo" car. What piqued my interest was that he used the term "halo". I then pressed him for more information and it seemed that his information was limited. However, he did mention the similarity with my RL (2nd gen).

The newly presented information makes sense, though, I like others will likely be sorely disappointed. Honda/Acura, of late, has had a pretty good track record for disappointments and one thing I've learned is that they are consistent. I have a hard time imagining that they will truly create a car that looks as timeless and gorgeous as our beloved NSX's. Currently, the Acura design team seems so arrogant that they will likely continue to pursue the ghastly "beak", and it will make its way into the new "halo" car ruining any potential for the car to have decent lines.

My guess is that it will be a SH-AWD Accord coupe (updated with a Acura Beak) with a new hybrid drivetrain and lightened with some aluminum bits and pieces (hood, trunk, front cradle, and suspension).

If the new "NSX" is not mid engine, I hope honda will not call it "NSX". They should call it NSY, as in "why".

Yep, thats what we have been waiting for. If they cannot call it NSX what is the name? Acura Sports Velocity (ASV)? (random letter)SX? Not having a midship is disappointing but totally expected. Let's hope it is faster than the GT-R.

Apparently they gave decided to call it an NSX. No matter what kind of junk it may be.

I will be happy with anything RWD.

The big news at the meeting is the 2013 NSX. I was told that it looks great. it will be powered by a 3.7 V6 putting out 450HP. SHAWD. Front Mid engine. Hybrid power with two motors. All aluminium and lightweight. very limted numbers.

Honda typically doesn't reuse names for cars even given their obvious lineage; CRX and CRZ for example.

This new sportscar from Acura/Honda will be interesting if it ever hit showroom floors and for the purists out there I think you can rest easy knowing that they will 95% not call the new car an NSX.

personaly I hope they call it ....X..... and they have a special edition called the zinardi...that way at least 15% of primers will be spot on when posting....:wink:

Honda typically doesn't reuse names for cars even given their obvious lineage; CRX and CRZ for example.

This new sportscar from Acura/Honda will be interesting if it ever hit showroom floors and for the purists out there I think you can rest easy knowing that they will 95% not call the new car an NSX.

They should not claim it as the NSX successor IMO.

I predict NSZ.

LOL Don't forget I came up with that name first:biggrin:

I say hold out till the official announcement guys. I think the power sounds right but they wouldn't be using the name if it wasn't rear mid-engine plus there is no NEW 3.7 just the old one. This car will have the new 3.5 more likely than not.

Nothing against the OP but other than power numbers no new info here plus I honestly don't believe Honda is going to tell the dealers info they'd want saved for the cars world debut next month as they know the info would get out.

Let's not forget the guy who started the thread because the dealer told him next NSX was going to be turbo and 500hp. Just sit tight for the debut and we can b*tch and moan after that lol

LOL Don't forget I came up with that name first:biggrin:

I say hold out till the official announcement guys. I think the power sounds right but they wouldn't be using the name if it wasn't rear mid-engine plus there is no NEW 3.7 just the old one. This car will have the new 3.5 more likely than not.

Nothing against the OP but other than power numbers no new info here plus I honestly don't believe Honda is going to tell the dealers info they'd want saved for the cars world debut next month as they know the info would get out.

Let's not forget the guy who started the thread because the dealer told him next NSX was going to be turbo and 500hp. Just sit tight for the debut and we can b*tch and moan after that lol

Agreed - too many if's . We have already waited this long, might as well wait and see what actually shows up. To be safe though, I will put a grand on deposit to secure on the list, and if its not good I will just pull out. If it turns out being a hell of a good car - I will pull the trigger. That is, if I can afford it LOL

At this point its like asking what color to paint the baby's room before you have sex. Lets just take a deep breath and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Back