• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

If the next NSX will be at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, so will I.

Oh mama I hope I'm not getting suckered again.

144k? Whoa, but if they make it I will buy it.

One thing ... for that much $ I want a new NSXprime site for it.

lol ,we can call it "avenger pseudoprime" and all 5 of us who would buy the car can type any kinda sh%t we want to....we can also taunt Wei-Shen about his gas guzzling R8 GT.....

Doesn't Honda/Acura know that the GTR sells very low volume (in the U.S.) at its price point? Nevermind that for years all the videogamers hold the "mighty" GTR on a pedestal, and Honda never had a performance production car with even a quarter of that appeal.

So they're planning on a V6 - with hybrid or not it's still a V6 - for almost 50% more money? Doesn't take a genius to guess that this project should be DOA before it's even made into a clay model.

Only 10 cylinders and up - and preferably a V12 - is exotic. Sorry, 430/458 fans.

The future IS internal combustion FOREVER.

Your facts are all screwed up. Any ICE powertrain can become vastly more efficient with the use of added hybrid technology. That's just fact. I don't really want to debate the environmental aspects of this but it takes a fraction of the energy to get a vehicle running off a coal power plant than to run it off of refined oil.

If you think internal combustion is forever then I would say that almost every car manufacturer disagrees with you. They are all looking down the road and it isn't ICE.

My point was that Honda is taking a lead and obviously at least trying to produce a PERFORMANCE car with the technology. An electric motor can do a whole bunch of performance things that are a welcome addition to an ICE. I'm willing to bet we will see some very unique implementations on this car.

Doesn't Honda/Acura know that the GTR sells very low volume (in the U.S.) at its price point? Nevermind that for years all the videogamers hold the "mighty" GTR on a pedestal, and Honda never had a performance production car with even a quarter of that appeal.

So they're planning on a V6 - with hybrid or not it's still a V6 - for almost 50% more money? Doesn't take a genius to guess that this project should be DOA before it's even made into a clay model.

Only 10 cylinders and up - and preferably a V12 - is exotic. Sorry, 430/458 fans.

Who cares if its a V6 if they can pull 400+hp? Does it really matter? V10 and V12's gets pretty heavy.

According to MT this is going to be just one of the set-ups and more likely than not this is for the the RL/TL so expect the NSX set up to be stronger. Plus man that's a lot of TQ

Acura proposes an electrified riff on its venerable Super-Handling AWD that combines a 310-hp, 265-lb-ft direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 with a 40-hp, 96-lb-ft electric motor and a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission at the front, abetted by a pair of 27-hp, 52-lb-ft electric motors driving the rear wheels. All output figures are estimated minimum levels and peak combined output figures weren't provided, but when you add them all up by mashing the go-pedal, the system delivers V-8 performance with (claimed) 4-cylinder fuel consumption.

I'm predicting/hoping the NSX engine makes at least 350hp by itself then 50hp from the ima unit and 30-35hp from the electric wheel motors. This car maybe faster than I thought with a MINIMUM of 465lbs of instant electric tq to all four wheels.

Meh. It is all a balancing game. I can't believe the power they are pulling out of 4 cylinders these days and they weigh squat. Anything more than 6 cylinders is either unnecessary or must decrease cylinder size drastically to keep weight down. Batteries, capacitors, motors, kers..... all add weight back in.

I'm stumped. This will either be a huge step forward or a huge failure. I'm burnt out on the speculation. I just want to see WTF they are thinking.

Tapaderp

Who cares if its a V6 if they can pull 400+hp? Does it really matter? V10 and V12's gets pretty heavy.

The Power goal makes sense, but according to that recent BBC documentary on the McLaren's research power and the sound of the exhaust are the biggest players in overall people's experience of a sports car.

A V6 simply won't do.

U need at least a V8 for the correct sound.

Yeah but you also have the "huuuuh" of the electric motors.... LOL

I myself am really looking forward to it.. this has been my take on power plant for over 5 years.. a current power plant at the time a 3.5 from an RL (now the 3.7) with IMA tech. the sexiest car I've been staring at if the means came back around again would be a 599.. but I still bleed Honda Blue even with all of the blue balls we've been left with. IF and that being a good sized IF they ake a well style FR w/ 450 and 30+ MPG I think it would find a very nice niche in the market.

I also believe while it wouldn't be the fastest it would still be solid performing + Acura's current warranty and honda's typical 10/150k warranty on all IMA components would be welcomed as well. for my money I never want brute force, to me that's never been what the NSX symbolized. To me the beauty is in the balance and with todays tech a SHAWD IMA tech'd GT would be balanced.

The Power goal makes sense, but according to that recent BBC documentary on the McLaren's research power and the sound of the exhaust are the biggest players in overall people's experience of a sports car.

A V6 simply won't do.

U need at least a V8 for the correct sound.

Sigh. A small, high revving V8 (or V10) in a new NSX is a wet dream fantasy for me. But it is just not something we will ever see from Honda.

Which is a shame bc they had started developing that amazing v10 too, sounded like the LFA v10. They would have probably put it in the wrong place anyways (the front)...

Did we ask for a lot? Just a mid engined car with a V8/V10. Is that asking a lot? Something not so ugly and everyone would be happy. You keep the strong points of the old NSX and update everything.

I don't get why it's so difficult. We get these turdy looking concepts, we get front engines, we get 4 seats, we get hybrids. Why can't someone from Honda come on the board where the most NSX owners exist, NSXprime, and ask a question and get some overwhelmingly similar feedback? Is there anyone here asking for front engine? Anyone asking for a V6 or a hybrid? Anyone ask for 4 seats?

Is the competition that tough? You have a GT-R that is terrific mechanically and UGLY to look at. Front engine. You have an LFA that is just astronomically priced and not real competition. You have unreliable italians and generic 911's.

This was so easy.... so easy...

How much did all this expensive dilly-dallying cost them? It's like they explored every avenue except the freaking obvious. :mad:

Last edited:
Did we ask for a lot? Just a mid engined car with a V8/V10. Is that asking a lot? Something not so ugly and everyone would be happy. You keep the strong points of the old NSX and update everything.

I don't get why it's so difficult. We get these turdy looking concepts, we get front engines, we get 4 seats, we get hybrids. Why can't someone from Honda come on the board where the most NSX owners exist, NSXprime, and ask a question and get some overwhelmingly similar feedback? Is there anyone here asking for front engine? Anyone asking for a V6 or a hybrid? Anyone ask for 4 seats?

Is the competition that tough? You have a GT-R that is terrific mechanically and UGLY to look at. Front engine. You have an LFA that is just astronomically priced and not real competition. You have unreliable italians and generic 911's.

How much did all this expensive dilly-dallying cost them? It's like they explored every avenue except the freaking obvious. :mad:

Hell take the 02+ NSX, tweak the styling a bit, double up the F20C and make a V8 (4L 500hp 9000rpm flatplane V8? yes please) call it a day.

The NSX chassis is still solid even by today's standards, it's just lacking in power.

Amen

For 150 big ones it better matter. Other than Porsche what other company gets away with 6 cylinder sportscars for six figures? Honda's better off pricing it to compete with Vettes - and Grand Sports at that, NOT ZR-1s - if they're gonna weasel out and play the V6 game ; same b.s. that they've been pulling with the RL -- the competition are all playing with V8 power at the $50K point, but they're still stuck with the SOHC crap....and this from an "engine company"?

It's almost as if they're better off concentrating on a new S2000 given their committed-ness to 4 and 6 bangers, and along with it basically having to build $35 to $65K cars, because who the hell is gonna fork over an RL's worth above six figures to drive a 3500 pound just-another-boring-GT-car? What new ground is this auto breaking for the purists out there seeking driving enjoyment? Probably none, other than 200+ pounds of electric motors whirring at every corner.

For 150 big ones it better matter. Other than Porsche what other company gets away with 6 cylinder sportscars for six figures? Honda's better off pricing it to compete with Vettes - and Grand Sports at that, NOT ZR-1s - if they're gonna weasel out and play the V6 game ; same b.s. that they've been pulling with the RL -- the competition are all playing with V8 power at the $50K point, but they're still stuck with the SOHC crap....and this from an "engine company"?

It's almost as if they're better off concentrating on a new S2000 given their committed-ness to 4 and 6 bangers, and along with it basically having to build $35 to $65K cars, because who the hell is gonna fork over an RL's worth above six figures to drive a 3500 pound just-another-boring-GT-car? What new ground is this auto breaking for the purists out there seeking driving enjoyment? Probably none, other than 200+ pounds of electric motors whirring at every corner.

LOL You guys REALLY think they're going to ask $150 because one person says it?? It's just a little over a month and the car won't be for sale for another year. Can't you guys be patient :rolleyes:

Ditto!

Last edited:
LOL You guys REALLY think they're going to ask $150 because one person says it?? It's just a little over a month and the car won't be for sale for another year. Can't you guys be patient :rolleyes:

$150K is closer to reality (given Accord-based TLs are $40K) than thinking they're gonna bring out a 458 Scuderia competitor or slayer for 90 or less. My take: the car they debut for $150K will get slayed by the regular 458, and instead they'll issue a proclamation about the "groundbreaking hybrid state-of-the-art new kind of sportscar" :rolleyes:. Too bad the 918 Spyder already beat them to that technology.

KNBNRNSX (Kinda New But Not Really New Sportscar eXperimental)

NLTONSX (Nothing Like The Original New Sportscar eXperimental)

WMTFTNSX (We Made This For Turbo2go New Sportscar eXperimental)

Does anyone else feel like this project, while taking forever, has a slight rushed "just put something out to satisfy the Sportscar fans" feel to it?

$150K is closer to reality (given Accord-based TLs are $40K) than thinking they're gonna bring out a 458 Scuderia competitor or slayer for 90 or less. My take: the car they debut for $150K will get slayed by the regular 458, and instead they'll issue a proclamation about the "groundbreaking hybrid state-of-the-art new kind of sportscar" :rolleyes:. Too bad the 918 Spyder already beat them to that technology.

They're not trying to compete with Ferrari this time Ito has said that flat out. Oh I don't think it will be less than $90k by any stretch of the imagination. Here's the quote I was going by

One other critical aspect of the new car will be its weight-saving aluminum body, a process carried over from the first NSX. And the final part of the package is price. Our sources tell us that Honda wants to bring the car to the U.S. as an Acura by 2014 for under $100,000 -- a sticker price designed to rival that of the Nissan GT-R.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/fu...ura_nsx_successor_taking_shape/#ixzz1frJ3hV2G

There's few if ANY here who've followed this as closely as I have and every article that has discussed the canceling of the ASCC was PRICE. A company that has been constantly dinged as of late about their cars being "cheaper"isn't going to bring out "less" car ( V6 vs V10 ) for the same price.

Does anyone else feel like this project, while taking forever, has a slight rushed "just put something out to satisfy the Sportscar fans" feel to it?

No if you've been following they've been talking about this for sometime with "rumors" of this car going back to a few month after the ASCC was canceled. If they're image hadn't taken such a hit though we'd never have seen even this car though.

I hope they make a mid engine V12 and shut up all of us.

I have a feeling the new nsx will be a disappointment. It won't beat gtr, lfa,911tt or the like but it will beat 370z, Evo, and similar for 2 or 3 times the price.

Well, as Honda is clearly trying to be a GREEN company, I would like to see them offer the car with two options.

1. 3.5L V6 + Hybrid - 450HP
2. 3.5L V6 Turbo - 550HP.

That way people who want the hybrid can have it. Those that want to track the car and have no use for 500lbs of dead batteries can get the Turbo.

My bet is 90% of people choose option 2.

Of course, I would rather see something more exotic like a V10, but it seems pretty unlikely at this point so using the same V6 would be much easier.

Back