• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

Finally, Audi has a new twist on this design: regenerative braking while turning. Since the inside wheel often runs slower than the outer wheels in a curve, that inner wheel with a motor mounted can be used to regenerate electricity as it slows to control the turn. That gives both an unprecedented amount of control in the turn, but also a definite increase in efficiency.

This is demonstrated in a new short promotional video from Audi:

So along with edge-cutting design, the Audi NSX will have some industry-leading technology happening under the hood as well. This may become the most-anticipated new sports car we've seen for some time.
What kind of pathetic journalism is this? They can't even get the manufacturer's name right on these final paragraphs.

More Details on Acura NSX as 2013 Model Will Be Made in America
FY12_FV_NSX_WALLPAPER_06.jpg

The 2013 Acura NSX, which hit detroit like an automotive atom bomb to steal the show, is going to production, Honda says. What's more, it will be built in Ohio - the all-wheel drive supercar will be Made in America, starting this year. Plus a new video explains a few more details on this awesome concept's drive train.

Honda's Acura hit a square bullseye when they unveiled the Acura NSX Concept at the North American International Auto Show this year. The car made headlines and was one of the most talked about concepts unveiled in Detroit for the 2012 show. Now, Honda has committed to building the car and has given more details about how that will happen.

The Acura NSX will be a 2013 model and will hti showrooms late this year or early next. What's more, it will be built here in the U.S.A. at Honda's facilities in Ohio. Conceptual design and engineering work has been handed over to the company's Center of Research and Development in Raymond, Ohio where it will finish its engineering and production development. Many industry prognosticators are guessing that this means a production-ready version of the NSX may be seen at another auto show this year.

The 2013 Acura NSX will feature all-wheel drive with Acura perhaps learning a lesson from rival Audi, who's perfected the idea. Like its namesake predecessors, the 2013 Acura NSX will feature a mid-mounted V6 engine, but unlike them, it will have a 7-speed transmission integrated with electric motors to drive the rear wheels and another pair of independent electric motors up front to power the front wheels. This gives the car a lot of advantages.

Its chief advantage will be power off the line, likely giving the NSX a lightning fast quarter mile speed. Its 0-60mph ratings will definitely be rubber-laying. Another advantage will be control. Having two independent motors on the front axle of a rear wheel car is something Audi has demonstrated in many of its supercar concepts before, such as the eTron. It means the motors can be independently controlled to give the car maximum handling and wheel grip in curves and on uneven pavement.

Finally, Audi has a new twist on this design: regenerative braking while turning. Since the inside wheel often runs slower than the outer wheels in a curve, that inner wheel with a motor mounted can be used to regenerate electricity as it slows to control the turn. That gives both an unprecedented amount of control in the turn, but also a definite increase in efficiency.

This is demonstrated in a new short promotional video from Audi:

So along with edge-cutting design, the Audi NSX will have some industry-leading technology happening under the hood as well. This may become the most-anticipated new sports car we've seen for some time.

That's it!!

I want one!

The potential that this thing has to be really really quick through the curves is staggering.

Last edited:
It's coming from their Center of Research and Design in Ohio? If this is an Acura, wouldn't it come from Acura's newly opened design center in Torrance, CA?

I was hoping this would grow on me, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. The side view is just boring. The front view has a beak. The back is decent but an NSX style wing would have been a nice touch. The rims are bogus but that's an easy fix and not likely we'd see those in the final anyway.

Well my 2006 prius has 90k miles on it. So batteries can last. The Nissan leaf I have is expected to last at least 10 years though it could be down to 80% of its original capacity. So battery technology is changing as we speak. I am sure they will be able to shape the battery to fall within the frame of the car giving it a very low center of gravity. It won't be really large like the leaf as this is not a plug in vehicle. So I expect the battery pack to be small but capable in the 1/4 mile distance with respect to added performance.
Manny

is it safe to assume that semi-auto tranny is the only offering? maybe i missed that info but without a real manual transmission i will never own one, sadly.

A manual tranny would be awesome and so engaging to drive, but unfortunately just like tube TV's it's a dying breed, and it seems like Flappy paddles are the new trend.

If you look how long the hood is.. and how short the back is, I really wonder how it could be mid engine... even if it had the electronic stuff up front. They'd have to place the trunk up front like Ferrari which is fine.

The back end just seems way too short, especially in relation to the front.
No?

Back